Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus thinks if Vicente had been fit all season we would......

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Guessing you didn't see the Derby game? EVERYTHING came through him, even more so in the second half. Remember he was only used as an "impact sub" previously due to his fitness. His fitness is improving week by week, he looked absolutely fine just before Gus took him off on Tuesday.
this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He came off after 83 mins against Derby and just before he went off he did this:

not the sign of a tired man!

Unbelievable clip. Forgot just HOW fast he was going. World Class.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yup. It's like saying Messi wouldn't survive against Stoke. He would, comfortably, because they would never get close enough to clatter him.

I can't even imagine what it'd require to injure him. He'd probably just walk around any nasty tackles, the ball staying magnetised to his feet the entire time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Guessing you didn't see the Derby game? EVERYTHING came through him, even more so in the second half. Remember he was only used as an "impact sub" previously due to his fitness. His fitness is improving week by week, he looked absolutely fine just before Gus took him off on Tuesday.
Indeed I didn't. I just put his Portsmouth ownage partly down to tired opposition.

I think we can all agree that if Vicente stays fit, we can definitely finish in the top 6, and although it's more contentious I wouldn't quite rule out a top 2 finish just yet either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed I didn't. I just put his Portsmouth ownage partly down to tired opposition.

I think we can all agree that if Vicente stays fit, we can definitely finish in the top 6, and although it's more contentious I wouldn't quite rule out a top 2 finish just yet either.

Ah, well probably the main thing that excited me about his Derby performance was just HOW fit he looked. He was constantly demanding the ball.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Ah, well probably the main thing that excited me about his Derby performance was just HOW fit he looked. He was constantly demanding the ball.

Fit AND confident. He must now realise he can absolutely boss this division.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I agree with Gus on this. I honestly and truely belief, if we had a throughly fit Vicente from the start and maybe the addition of Abdul Razzak earlier on in the season. We would of been fighting for Automatic Promotion right now, or even better top of the league. But if you said to me 4th in the Table by March and fighting for a play-off spot at the beginning of the season. I would of ripped your right arm off.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
when he was last consistently fit he was bossing la liga so... :drool:

Indeed, but months on the sidelines, in a foreign country in a league he's never played in may have made him wonder if the league was for him. He now knows for sure he will get the necessary time on the ball to do the business and boss it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We've never had a player who's got so much control of the ball at his feet whether he's making runs like that against Derby or surround by 2-3 players and still able to control the ball while under pressure and do something with it.

He makes the difference between good players and world class ones more apparent to the eye.

GBT25

Sep 28, 2011
I think he looked sharp against Derby, i saw the highlights someone posted here of the portsmouth game and there as so many quality balls through to dangerous areas. I was at the game and when you see it on the reply yeah he did very well.

Against Derby - wow he was amazing.

I think he would have certainly helped us out in the other games.

I just hope he stays, I dont think he owes us anything but to see him play for another season would be fantastic prem or no prem.

It would so nice though to see a bit of (Le Tissier style) loyalty in football. At Brighton he is at legendary status already, big fish in a small but expanding pond!

Yes - I do have a man crush.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does that make you a one man team? Pretty much the same reasoning you have for calling us a one man team with Lambert.

Hmmmm he has taken part in about half a dozen of our games this season and we're 4th. Has Lambert only been available half a dozen or so times? Don't think so. Your question/statement is irrelevant.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Pointess comment,he wasnt and we havnt...If I had a million quid I would not be here at work.If my auntie had bollocks she would be my uncle etc etc..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Pointess comment,he wasnt and we havnt...If I had a million quid I would not be here at work.If my auntie had bollocks she would be my uncle etc etc..

Have you quite managed to wipe that vicente flavoured egg off your face yet? What was the bet about the number of starts he'd make again?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are literally the ONLY Brighton fan on here who has a bad word to say about him nowadays, and that's because you made such a cünt of yourself a month ago. :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It'll be interesting to see whether Vicente starts at Forest. Half of me wants him to come on only after 55 mins and absolutely ruin their tired midfield and defence. I'm not sure that he's as influential when he starts.

I was saying the very same thing at half time on Tuesday. I'd completely changed my mind after 90 minutes.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I seem to remember about 4 months ago there were numerous threads that began with 'Vicente is a waste of space' ... 'Get rid of Vicente' etc etc... One said 'When Vicente is fit he will tear this league a new asshole'... If you started that thread, take a bow son!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Unbelievable clip. Forgot just HOW fast he was going. World Class.

Ignoring all the superlatives for the moment, one thing which made me very happy was to see the smile on his face at the end of the clip. Obviously happy and enjoying himself !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here