Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus thinks if Vicente had been fit all season we would......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unbelievable clip. Forgot just HOW fast he was going. World Class.
But he doesn't seem that fast, when he's approaching the box, cutting in getting and the foul.
Or approaching the box being 'shadowed' by 5 players, and still coming away with the ball.
He certainly wasn't that fast when stationery and doing a chest volley 1-2 with CMS.

(you get my drift)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could be wrong, but his injuries woes don't appear to have been down to lumps and bumps, or fragile bones, or muscles twangs. It seems that it's far more about a personal battle, maybe mentally, or maybe a medical condition similar to colitis, whereby he is struggling to maintain his own level of maximum fitness.
His injuries couldn't have been on field related, could they?.

I don't think being targetting by cloggers is such an issue we have to try and hide his ability, or avoid talking about it. The guy would have faced far better, faster and more determined hatchet men in La Liga, he can leave the sluggish sloggers in this division in his wake.
Yes, fair point, which I do agree with.
But I am fearful for Vicente v West Ham, and to a lesser extent Boro & Brum.
WH have been bank rolled for Prem football next year, if that's slipping away, and Vicente is doing to them as he did Derby. I can't quite see a physically massive side like WH, with all that at stake, not 'sorting him out'.

Plus their midfield does fook all else during the game.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But I am fearful for Vicente v West Ham.

It could be an amazing atmosphere though, as the 'appy 'ammers are pretty sick of Sams style of play, and they are getting on the teams back when they fail to play the style of football West Ham think they should see. But when we show up, displaying EXACTLY the football that the home crowd want, I think they could really get pretty grumpy. Not sure witnessing their cloggers trying to kick us out of the game is what they are after.

The atmosphere could be tasty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It could be an amazing atmosphere though, as the 'appy 'ammers are pretty sick of Sams style of play, and they are getting on the teams back when they fail to play the style of football West Ham think they should see. But when we show up, displaying EXACTLY the football that the home crowd want, I think they could really get pretty grumpy. Not sure witnessing their cloggers trying to kick us out of the game is what they are after.

The atmosphere could be tasty.
I've point that out to my 'ammer colleagues, already.

With a big broad grin across my face.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder if there wasn't some sort of ultimatum somewhere ... either:

Gus to Vicente (in Spanish) you gotta fuckin well play or you're history and my reputation is fekked, I've stood up for you long enough and can't make any more excuses

or

TB to Gus You get him on that pitch and playing or I'll tear up his contract and stop his wages and don't give a toss what he threatens me with

Maybe there was a "moment" but he's playing and long may it last ... can't deny I'm with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and he's gonna need some protection .. once up in the air that could be him .. let's hope not

Gus has put it down to the new club doctor who has got everyone fit apart from Elphick.
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet Praises Medical Team

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
From BBC

Brighton boss Gus Poyet: "Vicente has started in the last two games and he's getting fitter.

"I want him to play but I don't want to lose him - we want to keep him fit and if we do that we've got a great chance.

"Imagine if he had been fit for the whole season. Had he been, we could be 10 or 15 points better off."

In other words Top :p

had Gus dropped Wankergren earlier we would still be playing for automatic promotion

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes saw that .. cheers ... tbh my comments seems to have been taken more seriously than intended. Lesson learnt!

I realised your post was very much tongue in cheek but it was also a handy related type post to make my point about medical treatments may have improved.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I realised your post was very much tongue in cheek but it was also a handy related type post to make my point about medical treatments may have improved.

For sure ... rewind to earlier in season and it looked like we might be having to call my Mum up such were our injury woes ... all the speculation about ripping the pitch up seems to have been misplaced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here