Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So exactly where is all this money coming from?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Disagree.

Based on what? Wishful thinking?

Generally when someone is THAT rich, there's atleast a small amount of evidence to back it up, NO ONE has found ANY regarding Bloom, most rich lists that have tried have put him around £50 million, a terrifyingly small amount for our current expenditure.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
getting promoted to the championship is worth about 25mil to a club,

images

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
Plus I also have faith in Martin Perry.

He wouldn't stick around if what we are doing now would be anything other than positive.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Based on what? Wishful thinking?

Generally when someone is THAT rich, there's atleast a small amount of evidence to back it up, NO ONE has found ANY regarding Bloom, most rich lists that have tried have put him around £50 million, a terrifyingly small amount for our current expenditure.

Not wishful thinking, one's heard a few things.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Frankly I'm getting a little worried, sure our turnover is better now, but it is still not going to be brilliant, Bloom obviously has a certain amount of cash, and is willing to invest it but I think he's far from a billionaire. We are banking on success I feel and if we cannot reach the prem in the next 3 seasons, which with these signings is clearly the target, I'd guess that we will quickly find ourselves in trouble, having struggled so hard to avoid admin throughout our time at Withdean.

How do you know, none of us do. Most of his business interests are i believe abroad. He is a very astute business man, i have no doubts about his Albion loyalty and ability to make us competitive.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He's taking a gamble on reaching the prem when he will be well rewarded. Enjoy it.

This is exactly the case. Only it's not doom and gloom if we don't - he's taking a gamble, but not risking everything. Cool and calculated. We the fans need to back our chairman and the team in equal measures now. Play your part everyone, the atmosphere's building but don't fall silent the moment we hic-up!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How do you know, none of us do. Most of his business interests are i believe abroad. He is a very astute business man, i have no doubts about his Albion loyalty and ability to make us competitive.

Well I just find it so entertaining that this board spends so much time revelling in clubs struggling through bad times for 'spending beyond their means' but now that we have come into a bit of cash we're all perfectly happy to stick our heads in the sand and not bother to think about where it is or ins't coming from.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Well I just find it so entertaining that this board spends so much time revelling in clubs struggling through bad times for 'spending beyond their means' but now that we have come into a bit of cash we're all perfectly happy to stick our heads in the sand and not bother to think about where it is or ins't coming from.

I have supported this club for over 45 years. This has been a great day, i can't believe the negativity. Bloom has always said he wanted to run the club on a sound financial basis. I believe his integrity. Don't under estimate the Albion's pulling power financially.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was said that TB was one of the men keeping the club a float long before he became chairman. Anybody who finances a ground to the tune of nearly £100m and also garuantees the training site for £15m is obviously not using his last few pounds.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Now is exactly the right time to invest big in the team for three reasons:
1. We have a lot of new STHs, we want to keep them next year and beyond. To do this we need a successful team.
2. We want to expand our stadium, to this we need demand to outstrip supply. Again winning team.
3. We want Poyet to stay and the club needs to match his ambition.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
One minute we haven't got two half-pence to rub together, the next we have a c£90m new stadium, several record signings all at once, plans for new and expensive training facilities etc etc.....

So is Tony Bloom really that rich, or is somebody somewhere hocked up to the eyeballs and in five or ten years time we are back to Withdean penury or worse.

...just finished reading "Build a Bonfire" so don't say that lightening can't strike twice :bhasign:

Club income (excluding VAT) up from £4.5m to £20m.

Bloom's interest free loan to be repaid to him, only if and when he wants, at any time, gradually over the next few decades.

£1.5m Bennett paid for £0.5m Hoskins and £1m Buckley.

Payroll saving (or no more contribution to the salary if loaned out) on:
Murray
Hart
Sandaza
Wood
McNulty
Tunnicliffe
Baz
Battiepedi
Whing
Kiskishev
Bennett
Holroyd

No more rent being paid on un-owned stadium.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
There is a big difference between us and teams like Palace, Cardiff etc. They spent/are spending beyond their means. We're not.

Adult season tickets are between £400-£600, so let's make a generalisation and say the average ST price is £500 (i know this may not be the case)

With 18,000 STs sold, that's 9 million pounds. Just from season tickets.

Assuming we don't pay/pay very little of the stadium + training facilites, which Bloom has indicated, I'd say we're living well within our means.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It won't be proved until the books are released in 2012, but on other threads our turnover for this season has been estimated in the region of £18 million through TV revenue and season ticket sales alone. That doesn't take into account on the day ticket sales and food/merchandising or the non football conference facilities which look like they're getting busy already.

This club is now bringing in revenue, which looks like it's being reinvested in transfer fees and wages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was laughed at quite a few months ago for suggesting Bloom was a billionaire. I still maintain that he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here