Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So does anyone have any idea who this striker is that Gus wants to sign??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Will it be another cash signing or a Premiership loanee?

Personally I would like to see Benik Afobe down here from Arsenal on loan, I think he would be an excellent addition to our set of strikers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Jay Rodriguez from Burnley is my bet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My tendency would be not to rock the boat. Unless the presence of the new player would improve the existing players. Pass on experience etc.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I dont know if we even need another striker but having just seen Sam Baldock's hat-trick on the FL show, I would say it's only a matter of time before he moves up a league. Perhaps he doesn't have enough presents though.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I dont know if we even need another striker but having just seen Sam Baldock's hat-trick on the FL show, I would say it's only a matter of time before he moves up a league. Perhaps he doesn't have enough presents though.

Ah yes, unless the player brings a present for each squad member and Gus then he is not considered.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said it weeks ago and he has been training with us this week and would I would imagine be glad of a short term contract while he looks around for longer Lomano Lua Lua he would be ideal to bring on as a sub when the front 2 are tiring, even if it is a month until Hoskins is fully fit so as not to have to rush him back again.

Probably not the one Gus wants to sign but could do a job for us if whoever Gus is after falls through.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
think we need to get a strong centre half with premiership experience.....

I agree, I think everybody has been swayed by Dunk coming good but as he showed yesterday he is not good enough or rather strong enough in the air against an experienced striker. I hate to think what Carew will do against him for West Ham. Perhaps if we signed such a central defender it would take the pressure off of him a bit and allow him to develop more but slowly and that will be to his and our benefit.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A CB would be a great idea, striker no thanks. Just remember though that a CB will push El Abd and Elphick to 4th and 5th choice and likely end their Brighton careers if the signing sticks around. Not a disaster, but would have to be a truly special defender for the Championship I think!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watching the recorded FL Show it showed that both goals came as a result of our 2 central defenders not winning headers in the 6yd box so perhaps an experienced central defender would be good idea.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just watching the recorded FL Show it showed that both goals came as a result of our 2 central defenders not winning headers in the 6yd box so perhaps an experienced central defender would be good idea.

we do have two experienced defenders, Greer and El-Abd. in both cases it was more positioning, Greer misjudged the flight and timing of the first and in the second no one was ready for a second ball/knock down, while Phillips un-marked having quietly peeled off from the crowd. down to coaching or ability/quality rather than experience?

though we are light in center back, injury to Greer or Dunk right now would leave us with... Vincelot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here