Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So close to AMEX travel perfection

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We stayed for a drink after the game, got down to the station at 5:30 and hopped on a train within 30 seconds. The best game by far.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How is Bennett's Field these days? Not heard any grumbles for a while.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Oddly we joined the train queue earlier than planned as the queues in the North Stand for a drink were going down slowly.

Only waited about ten minutes for a train though.

Each to their own of course, but surely there will come a day when you and the boy just make it onto a train while wifey and daughter are still stuck in a MELEE on the platform. Presumably you and the boy will then gesticulate wildly at your tardy family members while chanting 'Loo-SERS! Loo-SERS!' :lol:

Looser! Looser! Why would he want to talk about his bowel movements?

(if it wasn't for my wife & daughter!)

13:15. Left home
14:00 Arrive at Mill Rd
(No queuing parked at the top 3 cars back from the exit)
14:05 On route to AMEX
14:15 Arrive. plenty of pee, pie, beer, time.

Final whistle
17:05 Left AMEX, with jnr
17:20 back at Mill Road

17:50 Wife and daughter arrive, 3 buses later :facepalm:

It could have been perfect.

Why are you drinking plenty of beer when you are driving?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Main point is that this was the first time I had stayed to the final whistle. Couldn't help noticing that within two or three minutes the ground was half empty- the players were clapping half empty stands! Maybe the club needs to ask itself why. It's fine if you live locally, but assuming most locals now have tickets, many of the extra 8000 proposed for next year will be travelling from further away. How are they supposed to get to the ground with us an overnight stop?
As I said the difference between whistle and away, and whistle and dawdling (or 3-5 mins applause) this Saturday equated to 30 mins.
That's a very long half hour with a 5 & 7 year old in tow, especially if they've enjoyed the game as they are done in by 5pm.
Plus as you know Gerry (we aren't to far from you), that half hour is the rest of the journey time.

It's hard to argue against.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Coach got back to Worthing by 5.50. Why go any other way?

I tried the coach for the 1st time yesterday.
My thoughts are; Why the hell have I wasted all those hours this season, farting about, queuing and being packed onto trains?
Coaches are the way forward, even if they are a bit more expensive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No problems for me:
Pick up daughter from work in Bexhill 13:00
Just miss 13:45 train at Lewes so got the 13:58
In ground at 14:10
Watch CMS, Calderon and the other one who I can't remember clap the fans before leaving the stand
Arrive Falmer station to catch the 17:02 to Lewes
In car at 17:20, home in Bexhill at 18:00

I love Saturday 3pm kick offs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Train at noon, 3 glasses of wine and a pint before the match, 3 (or maybe 4) afterwards, train to The Prince Albert where I got stuck into the Dark Star Porter, Meltdown and APA before having 2 GnTs and heading home.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
always back at home by 6.00, no dramas, apart from the retards trying to jump the queue by running up the bank, then lecturing stewards on how they are far more important than those queueing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Hung around after the game for about 20 minutes, then joined the back of the queue for the Brighton train. Went down very quickly, and platform and queue was completely cleared by the 8 carriage 5.38. The lewes bound platform was already clear by the time i arrived at the station. So all in all, very impressive.

Saturday afternoon kick offs = 3 points and great transport!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Absolutely perfect yesterday, clapped the players off the park then walked down to the station.
Caught the 17.16 into town then got the 17.33 with a seat back to Angmering which arrived at 18.06.
You cannot complain about that,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely perfect yesterday, clapped the players off the park then walked down to the station.
Caught the 17.16 into town then got the 17.33 with a seat back to Angmering which arrived at 18.06.
You cannot complain about that,

Exactly what we did but got off at Shoreham, seems to have got better organised at Brighton Station when going home.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Stayed in the WSU to clap the team off (even though they were poor) home in Cuckfield by 17.30 - BMW GS, simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here