Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So close to AMEX travel perfection

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The transport away from the ground was as shite as ever tonight (unless you got lucky of f***ed off early). Sort it out Albion/B&H Bus Co/Southern Rail/Whoever! :censored:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Mithras was absolutely crap on the way back. It would be a nightmare in the rain, as the queuing is sooooo bad.

People were 'discussing' with the head steward guy why on earth they don't load 2 buses at once seeing as they have 2 buses there (at least). Steward man wasn't having any of it and said 'that's what we did at Withdean' (yep, things are a bit different here mate - slightly more people...) then finally said 'well it's your choice how you get here'. Again, yep, we choose the P&R because we don't have much choice.

Loading one bus at a time is like loading one train carriage at a time. It's STUPID.

The bloke with "Stadium Manager" on his jacket said that Brighton fans couldn't be trusted as when they tried to load two buses at once there was mad rush and a disabled lady got injured. He also said the extra steps would enable more people to wait on the stairs so they think they are closer to getting on a bus.

As for Mithras, it was crap - it took me longer to get home to Worthing tonight from Falmer than it did from Southampton last week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Walked back to virgin club, grabbed my stuff around 10 past 5....drove up the road and sat in a jam for 20 minutes, but finally away on to a27 by 17:30 and back home 10 minutes later.

Stewards a bit officious befo the game....if we are going to the club to get a class at 12:30, we shouldn't have to explain this every week"! We have a pass on the front of our cars...that is why it's there. ......also why we are at it, how many people think they can park in the university past the Amex...stewards will turn younaround so causing another jam...it's not rocket science

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I stayed for a beer or ttwo, headed off for home at 6.00 and arrived home about 10 mins later that I usually do when I dash straight off.

Lesson learned.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Was brilliant today, game ended, clapped players off, had pint and pie then to bennets field and drove right out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers, if you knew how many goes, at getting that wrong.
Before deciding 'oh f*** it I'll go fonetic!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Er so let me get this straight......you rush out the ground and full time to get to Mill rd as soon as possible only to sit in the car for half an hour waiting for the Missus.....and the point of this exercise is??
Er for the self-righteous feeling of my own personal superiority.

You're not married, are you :lol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Mithras was absolutely crap on the way back. It would be a nightmare in the rain, as the queuing is sooooo bad.

People were 'discussing' with the head steward guy why on earth they don't load 2 buses at once seeing as they have 2 buses there (at least). Steward man wasn't having any of it and said 'that's what we did at Withdean' (yep, things are a bit different here mate - slightly more people...) then finally said 'well it's your choice how you get here'. Again, yep, we choose the P&R because we don't have much choice.

Loading one bus at a time is like loading one train carriage at a time. It's STUPID.

This steward is clearly the cream of British customer service. Probably works as a waiter for his day job.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Two pints on WSL concourse, watching WHU/Derby, left 5-55, straight onto 6-04 to Polegate, cab to club in Hailsham, two more pints, pick up kebabs for me and them indoors and home by 7-30
Six pints, pie, kebab and 3 points .....Perfect..........if Carlsburg did good days!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
My two wheeled chariot arrived at 1350 took me to the Amex where I drunk three pints of Harveys, ate two pies, watched us win and clapped the players off, smoked two cigarettes (outside of course) and then was sitting at home on my sofa at 1745. Beat that! :banana:

Glad the P&R is getting sorted though.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Think you will find the result effects the travel home, noticeably busier in the concourses after the game yesterday, and I suspect a few more stay for a pint following a victory, where as a bad performance and bad result result in more people heading straight home.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Usually use the Mill Road Park and Ride but went into Brighton after the game instead yesterday. Much quieter on way over (1.20p.m.) but couldn't understand why the bus was allowed to go with room for at least another thirty. It doesn't get any better. Main point is that this was the first time I had stayed to the final whistle. Couldn't help noticing that within two or three minutes the ground was half empty- the players were clapping half empty stands! Maybe the club needs to ask itself why. It's fine if you live locally, but assuming most locals now have tickets, many of the extra 8000 proposed for next year will be travelling from further away. How are they supposed to get to the ground with us an overnight stop?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think you will find the result effects the travel home, noticeably busier in the concourses after the game yesterday, and I suspect a few more stay for a pint following a victory, where as a bad performance and bad result result in more people heading straight home.

Yup, that was our conclusion too. Left WSU and went to meet my borther in the East concourse for a pint as usual. Had onepint then wandered up to racecourse P&R where there were the precise number of 0 people queueing. Bus turned up 5 minutes later and was back in my local by 6 o'clock.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
(if it wasn't for my wife & daughter!)

13:15. Left home
14:00 Arrive at Mill Rd
(No queuing parked at the top 3 cars back from the exit)
14:05 On route to AMEX
14:15 Arrive. plenty of pee, pie, beer, time.

Final whistle
17:05 Left AMEX, with jnr
17:20 back at Mill Road

17:50 Wife and daughter arrive, 3 buses later :facepalm:

It could have been perfect.

Sounds like wifey has the best idea, applaud players off the pitch and then a quick wine while watching the footy results and perhaps catch kick off of the evening game.

None of this, you and the lad needing to get home quickly in time for SCD and Robbies latest moves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here