So close to AMEX travel perfection

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
(if it wasn't for my wife & daughter!)

13:15. Left home
14:00 Arrive at Mill Rd
(No queuing parked at the top 3 cars back from the exit)
14:05 On route to AMEX
14:15 Arrive. plenty of pee, pie, beer, time.

Final whistle
17:05 Left AMEX, with jnr
17:20 back at Mill Road

17:50 Wife and daughter arrive, 3 buses later :facepalm:

It could have been perfect.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Trains worked like a dream for us today, although it did take us three different trains to get from West Worthing to Brighton. Not much waiting though - about 50 mins door to door, and we were home not long after 6pm.

Splendid stuff, particularly after a good win :thumbsup:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Must have been the day for it today, we were in the coach park, where they'd decided to park all coaches around the edge, rather than one behind each other as they had been. It meant as soon as a coach was ready, it was on it's way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
(if it wasn't for my wife & daughter!)

13:15. Left home
14:00 Arrive at Mill Rd
(No queuing parked at the top 3 cars back from the exit)
14:05 On route to AMEX
14:15 Arrive. plenty of pee, pie, beer, time.

Final whistle
17:05 Left AMEX, with jnr
17:20 back at Mill Road

17:50 Wife and daughter arrive, 3 buses later :facepalm:

It could have been perfect.

Bit random. Don't you sit with your wife and daughter at the Amex and travel as a family unit? ???

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Apart from a jobsworth steward blocking me and another making me queue for mill road when I didn't want that bus so missing the P bus home, it was alright.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit random. Don't you sit with your wife and daughter at the Amex and travel as a family unit? ???
Yeah but it all gets a bit titsy, as Wifey 'won't be rushed', and I can't see the point of dorderling. (sp)
So me and the boy are away @ the whistle, and are probably half way to the steps, as Wifey is still ambling through the concourse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah but it all gets a bit titsy, as Wifey 'won't be rushed', and I can't see the point of dorderling. (sp)
So me and the boy are away @ the whistle, and are probably half way to the steps, as Wifey is still ambling through the concourse.

Each to their own of course, but surely there will come a day when you and the boy just make it onto a train while wifey and daughter are still stuck in a MELEE on the platform. Presumably you and the boy will then gesticulate wildly at your tardy family members while chanting 'Loo-SERS! Loo-SERS!' :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Each to their own of course, but surely there will come a day when you and the boy just make it onto a train while wifey and daughter are still stuck in a MELEE on the platform. Presumably you and the boy will then gesticulate wildly at your tardy family members while chanting 'Loo-SERS! Loo-SERS!' :lol:
Do you follow us around? :lol:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed worked well for me too; 30-45 mins in the ground after catching up with friends on the concourse, straight on to P&R bus and then safely back to Mithras House. Good work Brighton.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Mithras was absolutely crap on the way back. It would be a nightmare in the rain, as the queuing is sooooo bad.

People were 'discussing' with the head steward guy why on earth they don't load 2 buses at once seeing as they have 2 buses there (at least). Steward man wasn't having any of it and said 'that's what we did at Withdean' (yep, things are a bit different here mate - slightly more people...) then finally said 'well it's your choice how you get here'. Again, yep, we choose the P&R because we don't have much choice.

Loading one bus at a time is like loading one train carriage at a time. It's STUPID.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Direct 13:22 train from Ore to Falmer. Arrive Falmer around 14:40

Leg it right at the final whistle. Make the first cut onto the platform, wait for around 3 minutes and board the 17:02 train direct to Ore. Arrive Ore around 18:15.

Now that my friend is travel perfection ! :thumbsup:

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
walked straight onto a 25 (might've been a 28/29 actually) again. churchill square by 5:30.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Mithras was absolutely crap on the way back. It would be a nightmare in the rain, as the queuing is sooooo bad.

People were 'discussing' with the head steward guy why on earth they don't load 2 buses at once seeing as they have 2 buses there (at least). Steward man wasn't having any of it and said 'that's what we did at Withdean' (yep, things are a bit different here mate - slightly more people...) then finally said 'well it's your choice how you get here'. Again, yep, we choose the P&R because we don't have much choice.

Loading one bus at a time is like loading one train carriage at a time. It's STUPID.

Oh dear. When will they learn. The q for Mithras House road today was horrendous. 35 minutes standing yet the buses were there empty. Mill Road was shorter. All that idoit of a head steward kept saying was our aim to get you away in 50 minutes. OK, but if you loaded the 3/4 buses at the same time there would be no q and the buses would get away quicker. See what Leeds or Southampton do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here