Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, are we all in agreement we need a win soon and what game's it coming from?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looked at NSC last night and saw more joyous response to a 0-0 draw citing the fact that it is good to go up to a place like Leicester and get a point. That, my friends is bobbins! This kind of mind set we need to get out of, we cannot judge teams like Leicester on recent, past glories. I saw one of the weakest championship performances from them yesterday in memory and they will certainly be in the relegation shake up at the end of the season. There seems to be an attitude amongst our supporters at the moment that drawing every game is ok, cos we're playing ex premiership sides and the like, well, I beg to differ and think we need to push for more and was very happy to see Mcghee saying the same thing last night.

So when we draw against Norwich on saturday is the same tosh gonna get trudged up eg we shouldn't be beating teams like Norwich and if that is the case, who should we be beating?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dwayne said:

So when we draw against Norwich on saturday is the same tosh gonna get trudged up eg we shouldn't be beating teams like Norwich and if that is the case, who should we be beating?

Crewe and Coventry at home. Oh...hang on...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We will either lose or draw to Norwich but will beat Cardiff at home and be looking good to go for our first away win at Palace

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What is wrong with a point away from home ?.. ok yes we need to start winning at home but stop scaremongering Dwayne

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ditchy said:
What is wrong with a point away from home ?.. ok yes we need to start winning at home but stop scaremongering Dwayne

Quite right. We don't want anybody scaremongering poor old Dwayne, bless him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Points away from Home are always good. We should be looking to the home matches for the wins.

And 3 points seperating about 10 teams is no reason to worry with a 1/4 of a season gone!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Good point last night. The worry is one win in ten and only 2 in the last games from Millwall home last season is nothing to shout about.

As McGhee says we need to take our chances

dwayne said:
This kind of mind set we need to get out of, we cannot judge teams like Leicester on recent, past glories. I saw one of the weakest championship performances from them yesterday in memory and they will certainly be in the relegation shake up at the end of the season.

who should we be beating?

With great respect to a recent Premiership team like Leicester, we should be beating teams like them :jester: :lolol: :lolol:

It is frustrating that we're not getting the 3-pointers, but it's too easy to say that every team we get a draw against are relegation candidates, which seems the stock response of glass half-full merchants like you Dwayniepops.

Didn't we say the same thing about Crewe, Burnley, Coventry, etc etc

My more optimistic take is that a year on we are now far more comfortable in ths league and fewer and fewer teams can impose themselves on us.

This higher level of performance will bring its due reward sooner or later. If you cast your mind back to March-April and recall how we were getting outclassed by nearly every team we were playing, I think the progress since then has been excellent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: So, are we all in agreement we need a win soon and what game's it coming from?

London Irish said:
My more optimistic take is that a year on we are now far more comfortable in ths league and fewer and fewer teams can impose themselves on us.

This higher level of performance will bring its due reward sooner or later. If you cast your mind back to March-April and recall how we were getting outclassed by nearly every team we were playing, I think the progress since then has been excellent.

:clap: :clap:

Spot on LI

Away draws at Leeds Preston and Derby add up to three points gained. We got smashed at Preston and Derby last year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Norwich at the weekend.

Why's everyone predicting a defeat or draw? They've been rubbish on the whole so far and Dean Ashton's been carrying an injury all season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
trueblue said:
Norwich at the weekend.

Why's everyone predicting a defeat or draw? They've been rubbish on the whole so far and Dean Ashton's been carrying an injury all season.

because of their past rep. It's a common mind set of our supporters at the moment. As much as I disagree with the arrogance of some fans teams booing their players like last night. I do admire the fact that they like to aim high! We need a bit more of that spirit because on paper we have a better team than Leicester I believe

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dougal said:
We will either lose or draw to Norwich but will beat Cardiff at home and be looking good to go for our first away win at Palace

cardff just won 3-0 at Stoke FFS

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: So, are we all in agreement we need a win soon and what game's it coming from?

London Irish said:
With great respect to a recent Premiership team like Leicester, we should be beating teams like them :jester: :lolol: :lolol:

recent priemership team

what the hell difference does that make?!? 80% of the premiership team has gone now, im judging them on the here and now.

...and as for your comment on improved performance and fluidity=improved results soon. I disagree, look at a team like Norwich for instance, they were putting in great performances in the prem last season, there supporters must have thought that they had really improved. A season on with the same squad and they are doing rubbish. That could quite easily be us in league 1 next season, struggling like Gillingahma nd forest

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Re: Re: Re: So, are we all in agreement we need a win soon and what game's it coming from?

dwayne said:

...and as for your comment on improved performance and fluidity=improved results soon. I disagree, look at a team like Norwich for instance, they were putting in great performances in the prem last season, there supporters must have thought that they had really improved.

Yep, 14 games for their first win, conceding 77 goals, not winning away all season...their supporters must have thought they were great.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think we have a much better chance of beating an out of form Norwich than an in form Cardiff. So that's 3 points Saturday then :clap: ???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: So, are we all in agreement we need a win soon and what game's it coming from?

Grendel said:
Yep, 14 games for their first win, conceding 77 goals, not winning away all season...their supporters must have thought they were great.

Im talking more towards the end of last season, when they were putting in good displays with Ashton and co

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
After last night's performance against a very poor team, I don't know when a win will come. We either pile forward, score but let in goals, or sit back and defend and fail to score.

Last night, our strikers looked incapable of hitting the net from the limited service they received, and the wingers - particularly Albert - were forced to play as full-backs most of the match because we lost the midfield battle and were under the cosh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You can put your own spin on these things.

Mine is that so far we have only lost one away game this season. I know we beat Leciester last year but that was more smash and grab than anything. This year we could have beaten them fair and square. That is a measure of how far we have come. And we are proving hard to beat away.

We just need to start winning home games. Mind you we have played Reading and Sheff Utd at home and they are (at the moment) doing rather well as the table will show so its no disgrace to lose to them.

Crewe and Cov we should have won. But again last season we probably would have lost. In fact Crewe we did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here