Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow report

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You promised severe weather and snow on Christmas day too. I would say you have not delivered. :D

Jul 20, 2003
a couple of insignificant flakes in Brunswick Square 5 mins ago. Now pathetic sleet

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well its snowing hard in Wetherby. Temp is hovering around 0c.

Still this time last year I was in Banff, Canada. God it was so cold, with snow everywhere. Funny, the cars and trains were running smoothly. Is it only in the South of England, that a flake or two causes chaos.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I promised Snow last Sunday and I have delivered.

I'm not letting you off that easily, sir! Because you've singularly failed to deliver the right sort of promised snow. We were assured it'd be apocalyptic stuff, not a few flakes incapable of settling on the garage roof before turning into light drizzle.

*flounces in BN8*

Jul 20, 2003
now sleet so subtle that if you were walking around in it and didn't know it was happening you wouldn't notice it.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I have a french colleague based in Paris who recently told me that everything grinds to a halt in Paris when they get just a small snowfall, just the same as in the UK.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What I was expecting...

day_after_tomorrow.jpg

What I got....

light_drizzle.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have we got settled snow (even 1cm) anywhere in Sussex? I have the afternoon off and want to walk the dogs in some snow of any sort!!!!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Have we got settled snow (even 1cm) anywhere in Sussex? I have the afternoon off and want to walk the dogs in some snow of any sort!!!!

If we'd actually had any of the "promised" snow, your best bet would be to head for Ashdown Forest. They've got their own micro-climate up that way and always get the best of any snowfall. But I'll bet they've got buggerall snow today.

Like the rest of us in Sussex who are "enjoying" light but freezing drizzle instead of the promised blizzards.

It's a swizz, Spielberg. Admit it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we'd actually had any of the "promised" snow, your best bet would be to head for Ashdown Forest. They've got their own micro-climate up that way and always get the best of any snowfall. But I'll bet they've got buggerall snow today.

Like the rest of us in Sussex who are "enjoying" light but freezing drizzle instead of the promised blizzards.

It's a swizz, Spielberg. Admit it!

Boo, ban the Spielberg.

I have a house full of excited children and dogs who will go up the wall if they don't get some snow somewhere!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This was the scene outside my office just an hour ago. US, you were right!

north-pole-polar-bear.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right you miserable lot. I drove up to Devil's Dyke in my lunchbreak and the temperature there at 3pm was 1C 34F and there was a light covering of snow in the corner of the Golf Club car park so we'll call it a draw.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Right you miserable lot. I drove up to Devil's Dyke in my lunchbreak and the temperature there at 3pm was 1C 34F and there was a light covering of snow in the corner of the Golf Club car park so we'll call it a draw.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here