Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow - love it or hate it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Loved it at first but now as its turns into ice and effects my weekend its starting to get boring. When it effects football at all levels it has gone on too long!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hate it - it's stopped me from going tae Liverpool Sunday, which'll stop me from doing every Away.

It's fun for 2 hours, then gets boring. f*** sake.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Liked it at first, but now I just want to get back to college, seeing as I have exams in just less than 3 weeks.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
f***ing hate it, all my work depends on schools being open and ground not freezing up, snow + ice = No Work/No Money!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now I am retired it doesnt make a lot of difference as I just stay in doors in the warm and only go out to get bread and milk as we could live out of the freezer like most. Mind you I didnt go out much when I had a pub so nothings changed really, and the pubs were always near to at least one shop.

Oct 25, 2003
it looks quite PRETTY when its at its peak, but other than that its a nuisance

it isn't worth the hassle in my opinion

"oooh its amazing.............but.........i can't possibly get to work" f*** off you thick oik

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I love:

-the eerie silence that falls over your part of the world when it's snowed heavily, when there are few hard surfaces left for sound to echo from and hardly any cars to disturb the peace

-being the first person to put your footprints in a patch of fresh snow

-when it's snowed really heavily and the trees have that cotton wool look about them

-when you're driving into it at night, not the actual driving part but the way the snow rushes towards your headlights and it looks like the bit in Star Wars when they go into hyperspace (or something like that: girl alert) :lolol:

-the squashy feeling underfoot of walking on new snow

But I don't like:

-when it goes all grey and slushy from being trodden or driven on

-when it turns to ice

-that miserable, half melted phase when it's neither snowy nor clear.

Yes, what Edna said! :lolol: I am fed up with it now and just wish I could go somewhere warm until it has all cleared and Spring has sprung.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
hate it after the first day,tbh mind,the shop has been well busy,everyone stocking up with bread etc

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The novelty's worn off now and hate it.

I've got blisters on my feet from wearing big f***ing steel capped boots that do at least have amazing grip so i haven't slipped over once.

Not bothered about the lack of football.It's January-shit happens.More stake money for the Masters snooker starting tomorrow though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I like it ,when you get up early. First person on the chair lift. Get off, up another lift. Then your on top of the mountain all on your own, the sun is shining and just beginning to warm up, it's still low on the horizon. stand and look around for five minutes at the view that goes on and on to the distant mountains covered in snow.
Poodle to the top of your favorite run, and just pole off down floating on a thin crust of powder that has no tracks on it.
Snow, what's not to like?

God I used to absolutely love that. When I was single we used to go on a 2 week boys only ski holiday, and did exactly what you said on the change over Saturday or Sunday. So not only did we have everything you described, but because most other people were going home, we had virtually empty slopes nearly all day.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like it ,when you get up early. First person on the chair lift. Get off, up another lift. Then your on top of the mountain all on your own, the sun is shining and just beginning to warm up, it's still low on the horizon. stand and look around for five minutes at the view that goes on and on to the distant mountains covered in snow.
Poodle to the top of your favorite run, and just pole off down floating on a thin crust of powder that has no tracks on it.
Snow, what's not to like?

And it's the best cure for a hangover :thumbsup: Get to the bottom of something steep first run with your legs burning and your cheeks stinging from the cold and - hey presto - no hangover !

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
And it's the best cure for a hangover :thumbsup: Get to the bottom of something steep first run with your legs burning and your cheeks stinging from the cold and - hey presto - no hangover !

A hot chocolate with a shot of rum in it will cure most things on the slopes. :love:

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I think like everyone else, I loved it when it came around first time but now just got irritating the second time. Also hated the horrible ice that developed for a week afterwards.

sussexstu

Jan 6, 2010
I love it!! Without snow, how else could me and my 5 year old niece build our Seagulls Snowman!!

Attachments

• 20746_244738101815_642121815_3821527_7114098_n.jpg
    20746_244738101815_642121815_3821527_7114098_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 56

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Simple rule of thumb: if your age is greater than your shoe size then snow is a pain in the arse (or whatever body part you fall on courtesy of gritter-free pavements). And I don't just speak as one who is just back from spending two days at Gatwick instead of seven days in the Canaries. Oh, hang on, I DO :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here