Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Smug Eddie - 'very unjust'

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm having a hard time regarding the NSC narrative of Wolves' timewasting.

In the unlikely event of the Albion ever again being 1-0 up with 5 minutes plus to go we, we ALL, will be baying for Albion players to hit the deck as if there was a sniper in the WSU.

Wolves were time wasting after 10 minutes. What the did was break up any momentum we had, they were able to go to ground easily, even Traore up against Lampty managed to stay down long enough to put us out our stride. I noticed when they went down off the pitch they even managed to roll back on. The problem was an inexperienced ref fell for it. That was Wolves game plan. It worked, unfortunately we are to nice.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Sure but what was the option? A stick and a wheel?

I'm sure the kids back in 1800 thought that in a hundred years all kids would still throw horseshit on eachother or whatever people did back then but then sports came along and horseshit throwing diminished. Football cant be taken for granted. If football turns into a boring time wasting competition the kids in 50 years will be ****ing and killing in VR worlds instead of go outside playing football.

I really don't know what world you live in but it isn't the same as the rest of us. Claims that kids will stop playing sports and play computer games have been around since the 1970s, 50 years later kids are playing more sports than ever with access to sports that were unobtainable when I was the age my kids are now. My kids have access to the latest tech, consoles, tablets etc. Do you know where my 11 year old was after school this afternoon? Playing football down the local rec with about 30 kids from his year group, which is exactly where I was when I was his age, despite having access to the latest tech of that time too. My 10 year old daughter represents her school at football, cricket and netball, when I was at school only one of those sports was played in school by girls. In 2 years my local village cricket team has seen about 25 kids sign up to their colts program and cricket is one of the slowest sports out there with long time periods of not much going on but the kids love it.

Kids love being outside and playing sports, some time wasting in a game of football on TV isn't going to change that. Three real world examples that yet again show you talk absolute nonsense 90% of the time.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If a player claims a blow to the head MUST leave the pitch for a compulsory Head Injury Assessment by an independent doctor. Can only return if / when the doctor authorises it. Sub allowed during assessment. Original player must return if cleared as fit.

Works well in rugby. If player does have a head injury takes away decision from club physio whose decision may be swayed.

The disruption it would cause might stop the cheats. Worth a try?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Arabs who are bankrolling Newcastle are Smug's real audience when he makes these comments. He's already trying to justify failure - it started v Leicester, he's a serial moaner/bad loser.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Arabs who are bankrolling Newcastle are Smug's real audience when he makes these comments. He's already trying to justify failure - it started v Leicester, he's a serial moaner/bad loser.

I am not sure they will even trust him with transfers next month. Newcastle have showed no improvement since his arrival and Howe's dealings in the Transfer Market with Bournemouth were at times wasteful.

I think they need to plan for a year in the Championship if they are gonna stick with Eddie Howe because I don't think that Squad of players are good enough to stay up and it is going to be difficult to attract players who are really up for a relegation graft in the coming months.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I dont think its so much in the last 5 mins that people are that concerned about, however frustrating that is. Wolves seemed to be timewasting almost from the start, players going down to stop attacks, snails pace going off for subs, goal kicks taking forever,other teams are guilty of it, and Im sure so are Brighton on occasion, but Wolves and a few others seem to have elevated it to an art form
Indeed - Fridays at the Wolves training ground are for dramatic rehearsal, not training.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves were time wasting after 10 minutes. What the did was break up any momentum we had, they were able to go to ground easily, even Traore up against Lampty managed to stay down long enough to put us out our stride. I noticed when they went down off the pitch they even managed to roll back on. The problem was an inexperienced ref fell for it. That was Wolves game plan. It worked, unfortunately we are to nice.

Summed up nicely

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Brilliant (but fkn risky) tackle by Trent. Walton said on BT Sport that it was Fraser who initiated contact between the players.

Strange how Hayden got a head injury, in the melee slow mo's showed his head brushed past the butt of one of his players. Cheating modern players immediately claim a head injury, due to the cheating instructions of tossers such as Howe, Arteta and Lage.

Well done Mike Dean.

Spoilt brat Howe is trying the create a circle the wagons, the world's against us, atmosphere.

Fraser started leaning to the right side to ensure TAA would make more contact ....

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I thought I might watch some Scottish football for a change

Dundee v Hearts

And I kid you not

Within 30 seconds of watching,down goes a Hearts player,clutching his head

Replay shows no contact with his head whatsoever

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

The Wolves number 5 has mastered it. Took a full blow to the nether regions stopping a cross in front of the South & west stands . His momentum meant he fell over 3 yards off the pitch where he grabbed his bits in "real agony" until he realised he was off the pitch and then rolled back on until the ref noticed him and stopped play. How he managed to escape a yellow card I don't know - this was after about 30 minutes of the first half. It continued throughout the game.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I'm having a hard time regarding the NSC narrative of Wolves' timewasting.

In the unlikely event of the Albion ever again being 1-0 up with 5 minutes plus to go we, we ALL, will be baying for Albion players to hit the deck as if there was a sniper in the WSU.

If this were so make sure that the sniper is not a player as no doubt he would miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here