Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking Mothers

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
tedebear said:
I think that sends the completely wrong message - ie boys can get sex without any concern for anything? Surely you need to ensure your sexual health at 16 or whatever age - so you need to wear a condom? Targeting girls is taking the boys responsibility out of it unfairly.

The advertising is "no condom, no sex" - applicable to both gender!!
but they wouldnt get sex without concern as the girls would be drummed into them that no sex without jonny , then the bloke would put one on and the education process is in a loop

i think you think im having a pop or something

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
no point mate , bury head in sand and expect guys to suddenly become all responsible if you like but wont happen. Yes its responsibility of both but read previous posts , I cant be bothered with tittle tattle . You 2 can get on with it

Fair enough mate, I'm not sure talking sensibly about the subject is tittle tattle but if its easier to paint it like that rather than engage with the argument fair enough.

I don't deny boys are poor at that age with regards to accepting responsibility but I think it has a detremental effect on the relationships between boys and girls and the balance of responsibility.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No I don't think you're having a pop at all Dougal - I thought we were having a good debate?

I was just thinking that making the girls responsible was a little unjust? Given that alcohol often impairs judgement?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
they f ing shouldnt , but they are the one left holding the baby !!!!!

Thats not a reason to make them soley responsible. Boys need to be accountable for their actions or it could have a detremental effect on the way both boys and girls percieve sex and relationships.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
tedebear said:
No I don't think you're having a pop at all Dougal - I thought we were having a good debate?

I was just thinking that making the girls responsible was a little unjust? Given that alcohol often impairs judgement?

In reality , people ride bare back and always will . The ads and education have always targeted both equally but teenage pregnancys have gone up . Therfore surely its logical to look at other ways. Surely it doesnt matter who gets targeted, why or how ....the aim is to reduce pregnancys .... which is my arguement

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yes reduction of pregnancy is of course the aim - but I think its unfair to burden one sex over the other simply because it hasn't worked.

It will give rise to people saying to young girls "well its your fault you're pregnant" and for boys " its not my responsibility so I don't want anything to do with that child".... If you see my point?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
tedebear said:
Yes reduction of pregnancy is of course the aim - but I think its unfair to burden one sex over the other simply because it hasn't worked.

It will give rise to people saying to young girls "well its your fault you're pregnant" and for boys " its not my responsibility so I don't want anything to do with that child".... If you see my point?

yeah see your point.
I just heard the ad on the radio the other night and it was a really powerful message and got me really thinking.

I had had a smoke though:D

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dougal said:
yeah see your point.
I just heard the ad on the radio the other night and it was a really powerful message and got me really thinking.

I had had a smoke though:D

Ha - never touch the stuff myself ;) :smokin:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I think what Dougal is saying is that, in the event of teenage pregnancy, it is more often than not the girl that gets shafted (so to speak), and left holding the baby, while jonny-irresponsible runs off and lives long and merrily.

Dougal is suggesting that the current campaign of highlighting this to the girls (i.e. don't get played - you'll regret it), is not a bad approach...

Just dont mention the free housing...

Anyway - wasn't this about smoking mothers to be?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tedebear said:
Well I'm fairly up to speed on the facts of life, and I do believe it takes one of you fcuking thick boys to stick your dick in there in the first place - so it ain't all the girls fault?

Calm down i wasn't saying just girls were to blame - but surely if they are going to have sex they should both thinbk about how not to get pregnant - maybe i',m not normal but i made damn sure i wasn't going to get someone pregnant.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dougal said:
missing point , rather than get all moralistic about it , how about we find a way to reduce teenage pregnancys . Targeting geezers hasnt worked , why not target the women with a "respect " campaign.
13 - 16 year old blokes couldnt give a f*** for responsibilty as you put it. Grils may just , and only a may just hit a nerve with

Unfortunatley a lot of lads that age we presented with the chance of a bit of action are like "a dog with two dicks" Mind due i still say i'd have been shitting it at that age the thought of getting a girl pregnant.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Les Biehn said:
Why should girls carry the burden of responsibility?

I an ideal world they wouldn't they but face facts alot of these girls are left holding the baby as said bloke does a runner paying no maintenance and guess who has to pick up the bill for this ... That's right You and I in terms of benefits, housing etc etc.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Dougal said:
my initial post was a bit raw , but i do think that whatever they teach at scholls or wherever doesnt work , as the buck stops with the girls (it shouldnt but does) then why not target them .
If your average joe wouldnt get sex unless said bird made him wear a jonny it could indirectly teach said thick guys the way of the world

Being a teacher and having observed sex education (the school I work at gets outside agencies to educate and teach how to put condoms on) the response from either sex is completely different. You have to remember that girls tend to be more mature in outlook than boys whatever the year at secondary school so whilst there is plenty of giggling the girls tend to take in a lot more than the boys who hide their insecurities behind jokes and don't take it seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here