Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking Mothers

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't know if you saw Kath and Kim on Monday - but there was a flash-back to the 70's and Kath was pregnant and smoking and said "Did you know - it reduced the size of the baby ......"

A bit of a laugh as the ignorance of the day but then in the news:

Teenagers 'smoke to ease labour'

Smoking rates are stubbornly high among teenagers
Pregnant teenagers smoke to try to reduce the size of their babies, and make delivery less painful, a government minister has claimed.
Nursing Standard magazine reports that Public health minister Caroline Flint made the claim at a fringe meeting at last week's Labour Party conference.

I had to do a double-take to make sure it wasn't a joke that had got out of hand. Poor kids.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah I know what you mean... it makes me feel physically ill when you know what crap they are pumping straight into their unborn baby.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dick Knights Mum said:
I don't know if you saw Kath and Kim on Monday - but there was a flash-back to the 70's and Kath was pregnant and smoking and said "Did you know - it reduced the size of the baby ......"

A bit of a laugh as the ignorance of the day but then in the news:

Teenagers 'smoke to ease labour'

Smoking rates are stubbornly high among teenagers
Pregnant teenagers smoke to try to reduce the size of their babies, and make delivery less painful, a government minister has claimed.
Nursing Standard magazine reports that Public health minister Caroline Flint made the claim at a fringe meeting at last week's Labour Party conference.

I had to do a double-take to make sure it wasn't a joke that had got out of hand. Poor kids.

I heard this on the radio this morning!

I felt like opting out of the human race :(

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
But surely if they have Mums like that they will end up smoking at some point in their life so really they are justing getting a taste for it early doors.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i caught the tail end of a programme the other day (yesterday i think) about mothers going out on the lash and binge drinking. When they interviewed one they said they didnt want to feel like they were missing out

SCUM :angry:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Appalling, typical of todays selfish generation. No doubt the majority are young single mother types.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blimey Jam the Man has the same birthday as me....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Goring Gull said:
Appalling, typical of todays selfish generation. No doubt the majority are young single mother types.

And that comment is typical of a reactionary older generation. It's nice when we generalise a whole section of the population.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I did kind of think they shouldn't have run the story as it will undoubtedly put the idea into the head of others.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dougal said:
i caught the tail end of a programme the other day (yesterday i think) about mothers going out on the lash and binge drinking. When they interviewed one they said they didnt want to feel like they were missing out

SCUM :angry:

Perhaps they shouldn't have let big Trev put his ding-a-ling in their minky moo without any johndoms then.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Retarded mothers sire retarded children.

Some would say poetic justice;)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Les Biehn said:
And that comment is typical of a reactionary older generation. It's nice when we generalise a whole section of the population.

Hardly old i'm olnly 29 - but todays 16-18 year olds i'm sure i was never that bad - also another social comment - how many teenage mums seem to have half caste kids - whats that all about , yet you never see a teenage asian mum - are White teenagers easy prey or just plain easy?

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Goring Gull said:
Hardly old i'm olnly 29 - but todays 16-18 year olds i'm sure i was never that bad - also another social comment - how many teenage mums seem to have half caste kids ...

Half caste? What is this - KKK Chat?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
This is one thing that really really annoys me.
When my girlfriend's sister was preggers she stopped drinking but carried on smoking depsite all the warnings and all the people telling her not. The poor kid is small for his age, is partially deaf, needs glasses and has learning difficulties. Apparently (according to her) this is nothing to do with smoking, but it pisses me off to the core everytime I think about.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Goring Gull said:
Hardly old i'm olnly 29 - but todays 16-18 year olds i'm sure i was never that bad - also another social comment - how many teenage mums seem to have half caste kids - whats that all about , yet you never see a teenage asian mum - are White teenagers easy prey or just plain easy?

What the f***? There were loads of birds at my school getting preggers and I'm 27. I also went to Downlands so these girls weren't exactly povety stricken coming from areas such as Burgess Hill, Ditchling, Hurst and Hassocks.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Les Biehn said:
What the f***? There were loads of birds at my school getting preggers and I'm 27. I also went to Downlands so these girls weren't exactly povety stricken coming from areas such as Burgess Hill, Ditchling, Hurst and Hassocks.

Why are these girls so fcuking thick to get pregnant - that's what i don't understand.

I still stand by it that you don't see any young teenage pregnant asian girls.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Goring Gull said:
Why are these girls so fcuking thick to get pregnant - that's what i don't understand.

to be fair there arn't that many teenage asian girls that are worth banging :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Goring Gull said:

I would imagine its to do with more traditionalist values and closer knit families.

I think there are lots of different reasons why teenage girls get pregnant, but it is fair to say the boys are also just as stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here