Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Allow smoking in the seats

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
MidlandSeagull69 said:
Thank you i pride myself on arrogance and if you don't like it F*** off. :ohmy: :lolol:

Out of interest and a serious question.

If somebody next to you is very obviously affected by your smoking what would you do ?

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
clapham_gull said:
Out of interest and a serious question.

If somebody next to you is very obviously affected by your smoking what would you do ?

i would put it out or if i needed to smoke that badly due to my addiction i would move. Arrogant yes , unhuman no

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
There's a new no-smoking bar in Headingley - its a great feeling being able to go to a decent pub and go home not smelling of smoke. And it is a popular bar.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Unfortunately for the smokers it is their arrogance (not all mind you) that will be their downfall. There WILL be a total ban in public places eventually. I think it is inevitable. And it will be because the smokers were inconsiderate to those who don't so the only way to make them consider others is to force them. By sitting next to me and smoking, when the place that I sit is out of my control, you force me to smoke. At the moment I cannot impose the reverse. Eventually a smoking ban will solve that for me. And personally I cannot wait.

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i stopped smoking when i was 16. and haven't touched one since i now find it repulsive however i understand everyones right blah blah. also to be honest i would be bankrupt by today's prices anyway. also i hate going out on an evening and coming back

having seen first hand the effects of cancer i don't think people realise just how dangerous passive smoking is. i would like to live to a ripe old age thank you and if smokers don't then its up to them however please don't inflict it on me. however saying this i understand in some circumstances this is unavoidable ie pubs clubs etc. smoking in restuarants i find gross purely cos i don't like eating in a smog environement,i also find some smokers in this situations just don't understand as someone pointed out non smokers don't have a choice about not breathing in fumes.

saying all this i don't think it can be banned in footie stadiums withdean is not a confined space and i can't see how enforceable it is in somewhere like withdean. i would however if having problems breathing etc coughing and i asked someone to not do it in my face, expect them to have common courtesy and respect not to do it.

also is it really that much to ask for some people to go without for 45 mins sometimes. as someone said how do people cope on planes. well on my holiday to thailand last year they didn't the plane stopped in dubai and cos we were running late we weren't allowed of the plane and people lit up at the back of the plane. call me selfish but i was livid purely cos of the fact that is so dangerous and they didn't take in account the rest of the passengers. anyway they got removed and bollocked by the captain i would also say they were not chavs or neds. but middle ages respectable looking people

umm thats about it

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Was on a bar in wolves the other day and on the bar mats it said

"this pub is a smoking friendly pub if you don't like it find somewhere else to drink"

Which is like anything, if you don't like it don't do it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
caz99 said:
saying all this i don't think it can be banned in footie stadiums withdean is not a confined space and i can't see how enforceable it is in somewhere like withdean.

Try visiting California. Went to Disneyland (World? always get them mixed up) a couple of years ago and the only place you could smoke was in little fenced off areas about the size of an average sized lounge away from the main footpaths. It is enforceable. They've done it. You just have to make the laws and enforce them. Its great going in bars and restaurants with clean air to breathe. It'll happen here eventually.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If God had meant us to smoke at Withdean, he wouldn't liberally douse the South Stand with his heavenly sprinkler system most home games :angel:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
If God had meant us to smoke at Withdean, he wouldn't liberally douse the South Stand with his heavenly sprinkler system most home games :angel:

If God had not wanted us to smoke at Withdean he would have given us a Roof.
As it stands we smoke in the open air.

After saying that I mainly wait till half time before getting my fix.

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
Its actually DisneyLAND is California and world in Florida - but it really dont matter. What does matter is that Smoking is anti-social and why do some smokers have to inflict their disgusting bad habits which cause annoyance and actually harm others health.
I am so glad my seat at Withdean is not near one of these heavy smokers who dont seem to care about others near them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here