Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart cards Transferable

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It was made clear at the presentations, that while they were not strictly 'transferrable' the club would not be enforcing this rule if supporters wanted to lend their smart cards to family and friends. !

Is correct.. I believe the club used the term:

'We will turn a blind eye to it'..

...and they've said this several times over.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
sweet jesus this is like the various travel threads... do these people never normally leave the house!

of course the smartcards can be used by whoever the hell has them in their mitts at 3pm on a saturday. and if you need replacements issued then just ask the club. and on the subject of people faffing about... there are a million and one places to dump a car on matchdays. off the London Road and jump on a bus, Brighton station car park and catch the train, by London road station and catch the train, Brighton Marina and catch the bus... in Lewes, Hayward Heath, Moulscombe station, Newhaven, Brighton city centre, by Preston Park station, Burgess Hill, Hove, etc etc etc... just take a look at a train or bus map and work something out yourself! It's not hard!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
sweet jesus this is like the various travel threads... do these people never normally leave the house!

of course the smartcards can be used by whoever the hell has them in their mitts at 3pm on a saturday. and if you need replacements issued then just ask the club. and on the subject of people faffing about... there are a million and one places to dump a car on matchdays. off the London Road and jump on a bus, Brighton station car park and catch the train, by London road station and catch the train, Brighton Marina and catch the bus... in Lewes, Hayward Heath, Moulscombe station, Newhaven, Brighton city centre, by Preston Park station, Burgess Hill, Hove, etc etc etc... just take a look at a train or bus map and work something out yourself! It's not hard!

You mean, use some initiative or common sense? Radical thinking that...

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
The club really is missing a trick here, by not having a system where season tickets can be "sold" back to the club and then sold on to other fans. Given the technology already in evidence this would be straight forward and the club can make a few bob too in the process. The refund can include an admin fee and of course the ticket is then sold for more than ST value every body's happy win win win win!

I should also have said that of course the season ticket holder would only be refunded if the ticket is sold???

solex16

Aug 2, 2011
OK thx for all the posts and advice..
I should have mentioned that the reason they thought they were non-transferable was that apparently it said on the accompanying literature that there would be some sort of face-recognition ID going on too...
so photos would have to match, when scanning the smart card in..?

can anyone confirm or deny this?..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
OK thx for all the posts and advice..
I should have mentioned that the reason they thought they were non-transferable was that apparently it said on the accompanying literature that there would be some sort of face-recognition ID going on too...
so photos would have to match, when scanning the smart card in..?

can anyone confirm or deny this?..

Yes. It's a load of bollox!

In other developments:

The club would be insane to officially implement any kind of ticket exchange while they have unsold tickets themselves to shift.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
eye scans? finger prints? ... what is this, entry to America?

Half the people with ST swap them with friends and family every week. If you take away that option for security reasons that arent needed then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

solex16

Aug 2, 2011
OK just phoned ticket office and they are issuing me with paper tickets in the name of my brother in law..no questions asked!..thx Albion!..

I am so relieved and happy that i will be at the game,
after being locked out of the last game at the Goldstone coz i didn't have a ticket (well they let us in with 10 mins to go so couldaat least join in all the mass sobbing..and say my goodbyes..)

Now better sign off as I'm getting all emotional again..
can't wait for Saturday, win or lose it will be such a special day for all of us..

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
It's not ideal though is it to trust your card with someone else especially if like me you have loaded it up with a fair amount of cash for refreshments. For Donny my mate and I have managed to get 1901 seats through his work and 2 good friends I trust are taking our seats for this game. If they hadn't have been able to go there probably would have been 2 empty seats.
As mentioned before the club could make some cash from a transfer scheme if they thought about it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It's not ideal though is it to trust your card with someone else especially if like me you have loaded it up with a fair amount of cash for refreshments.

You can log on and check every transaction though, can't you? So unless you've given it to a complete random, you can chase whoever it is for the money back :thumbsup:

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
You can log on and check every transaction though, can't you? So unless you've given it to a complete random, you can chase whoever it is for the money back :thumbsup:

You can but I think I will still only hand it over to a good mate. The issue with this is there will be genuine fans who want a ticket who wont get one as you don't want to gamble on who gets it. Just think it's also a missed opportunity for the club to make a few quid but maybe their view is that it's more hassle than it's worth?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You can but I think I will still only hand it over to a good mate. The issue with this is there will be genuine fans who want a ticket who wont get one as you don't want to gamble on who gets it. Just think it's also a missed opportunity for the club to make a few quid but maybe their view is that it's more hassle than it's worth?

You could always ask them to pay a deposit, refundable when the card is returned safely with all the money on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here