Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart cards Transferable

Uridium

May 30, 2011
On the Fortress GB ecash top up site, it mentions that a transfer option is coming soon so maybe you'll be able to explicitly transfer selected games to mates...?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If they ever introduce photo ID, it'll be interesting to see if they use a system like the 1901 club where tickets are transferable so that people can use them to bring friends/clients to matches. Haven't tried it yet obviously but you email the person who's going to the match and it generates a printout which they use to get in. The smartcard is then cancelled for that match. There's no financial transaction involved - you'd have to sort that out separately.

It seems madness to me that they would ever introduce anything which prevents people from swapping tickets when they can't go. It'd be a huge disincentive to signing up for the whole season and mean lots of empty seats in the stadium. I suppose what they might do though is make a small 'administration' charge for going through the official channels (which some might consider worth it for not having to release their smartcard).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the Fortress GB ecash top up site, it mentions that a transfer option is coming soon so maybe you'll be able to explicitly transfer selected games to mates...?

Ah... so maybe plans are afoot for something similar to the 1901 club system already.

They already said he could have the tickets though. In any case, I'd imagine he'd text them or ring them, tell them his plan and ask would they mind. If they so no then they're not really great friends to him.

Until the ST Holders realised their tickets are non-transferable, and this will apply to whatever the form the "ticket" is.

An interesting take on friendship btw.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Until the ST Holders realised their tickets are non-transferable, and this will apply to whatever the form the "ticket" is.

An interesting take on friendship btw.

You seem to be a stickler for the rules Alex, lots of other people are doing it, what's the harm?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You seem to be a stickler for the rules Alex, lots of other people are doing it, what's the harm?

I agree, to establish good ST sales the club did 2 things, one was the direct debit, the second was to make it clear that they wouldn't stop an ST holder lending their ticket to family or friends, this was made clear at the presentations and was a specific point raised. Therefore a group of 4 people could happily share 2 season tickets and split the costs. I don't think they would have sold as many ST's if they were to strictly enforce a non transferable policy.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I hope they are transferable as when I got my helpers season ticket to go with my disabled season ticket I told them I would have about 4 different helpers dependant on who could make the game with me, I was told that allthough the ticket had to go in one name it would'nt be an issue until they start using smart cards with photo ID on them. I hope this is'nt something else the club have decided to go back on they're word with.

I asked the same question BB, and was given the same answer as you. anybody can come in as a helper, even though the usual helpers name is on the card.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Obviously you can transfer, because you can upgrade. I'd like to think it involved a bit more than going in and giving someone's name, address and fan number and demanding a paper version of their smartcard though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I asked the same question BB, and was given the same answer as you. anybody can come in as a helper, even though the usual helpers name is on the card.

It's good to know somebody else got the same answer, Could do without any other problems on top of the parking issue. :thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Does anyone know the process for upgrading from an U16 ST to an adult for 1 match?

Contact the ticket office in person/by phone, there will be an admin charge and so on, I was told to upgrade from under 10 to adult in wsu would be about £20 and they then issue a paper ticket for that game

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
It wouldn't surprise me if the "mate" in question was offered a decent sum of cash to give the cards to someone else, and is only saying that they're non-transferable because he'd already promised them to you and wanted to wiggle out of it.

:jester:

Incidentally, my second season ticket is in my wifes name. If she makes it to 5 games this season I'd be surprised, but the seat will never be empty.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Unless they somehow introduce biometric season tickets, the club are never going to know whether it's you or someone else going in on your card. Even if they were to say, "you'll go to prison for 100 years if you transfer your card.", there's no way of proving it.

The Withdean 'problem' of people saying, "Whoops, I forgot my ticket, can I have a duplicate?" and then getting their mate in can't happen any more, as as soon as you get a paper ticket, it deactivates your card and similarly, if the cardholder's already gone in, the paper ticket won't work, due to the technology being too good. Therefore, as long as you have their details and 3 quid, the club won't be worried about issuing a paper ticket.

Easy 10's advice is stupid though. Don't tell them it hasn't arrived, just in case they've loaded it with money. Just simply be polite, say you're a buffoon and accidentally left it at home. That way there will be no repercussions.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Hi NSC
My mate got 2 season tickets, 1 for his wife who plans not to go too much..
So he said i could use it when she doesn't go..

They are both away for the Donnie game so said i could use both, but the smart cards turned up last Thursday and they reckoned they are non-transferable..so I can't use them?.. is that right?....

Problem is they've already gone away now and not let me have the smart cards..
I've been waiting 14 years for this game and am absolutely gutted..

Please someone tell me what's going on and give me some hope?..

theres a competition to win season tickets in the argus today. Heavens, man, pick up a copy and win that thing! then you have your wish :D good luck buddy:p:p:p

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Unless they somehow introduce biometric season tickets, the club are never going to know whether it's you or someone else going in on your card. Even if they were to say, "you'll go to prison for 100 years if you transfer your card.", there's no way of proving it.

I was told when buying my ST there were plans to put photos on the cards in the future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Providing you have the chaps season ticket it will admit you. Last Saturday at the last moment my brother had to work so one of my sons who didn't have a ticket for the Spurs game used his ST no problem. The turn stiles just recognize the bar code although there was talk of a more sophisticated identity system but it isn't in place yet. The major concern for the ticket holder is that you are to all intents and purpose him so if ejected etc he would suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here