Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked..

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
Most managers build from the back, Slade's big mistake was not sorting out the defence in the close season. We all knew that was the area that needed sorting. I think his midfield/forward signings on the whole have been excellent but he stuck with the same back four which nearly got us relegated last season. Picking Elphick yesterday has cost him his job.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Re:
Most managers build from the back, Slade's big mistake was not sorting out the defence in the close season. We all knew that was the area that needed sorting. I think his midfield/forward signings on the whole have been excellent but he stuck with the same back four which nearly got us relegated last season. Picking Elphick yesterday has cost him his job.

Well said!! a battling desperate defence succeeding for a handful of games to stave off relegation was not a recipe for promotion. We`ve never replaced Cullip and to a lesser degree Butters and we need a fresh goalie thats experienced/decent, not young and inexperienced. Failure to replace defence has cost him/us. In an ideal world he needed another summer of buying/selling to see if he could do it but we cant afford the time.

sparky

Jan 17, 2009
spot on about elphick. tunnicliffe was unlucky to be dropped in the first place.he made a big mistake bringing back navarro against oldham

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:wrong:

so rumours should be substaniated before being allowed on the forum?
thus making them facts?
so this is your vision of a NSC utopia?

:shootself

Well, you can :shootself if you choose. But yes, a subsection for rumours would be great. I originally said Childish Ramblings but maybe rumours need their own section.

It's not a vision for an 'NSC utopia' as you put it. But one that minimises the publicity that attention-seekers get from making up random rumours and posting them as fact. Remember Lips' postings last week. And I'm sure there will be many baseless posts saying things like "Coppell/Wise/Taylor/Adams is the new boss - you heard it here first" over next few days.

Greeno got the news about Slade spot-on - but until there was anything to add weight to his post, such as where he got his news from or corroboration from others, I'm of the view that it belonged in a rumour mill subsection rather than the Big Board.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am gutted for Russ, but strangely pleased also. A bizarre feeling.

Having witness all but one of our home matches this season, the common theme was dreadful, no downright pathetic defending. That was Slade's Achilles heel.

I wish him all the very best for the future and thank him enormously for last season. Thanks Russ.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

While I agree that the defence is the big problem Slade had some unlucky moments. McNulty injured, Wright injured, Whing injured. The one time he got to play proper full backs against Gillingham we actually looked like a football team

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton and Hove Albion footballers should be ashamed, bar Jimmy Mac, Dicker, Bennett, Fozzy, Tunny to an extent and El-Abd, Yes El-Abd, who desipte teh teams poor performances has actually played relitivly well as a Left back despite being right footed and a DM/RB... Those players have shown' passion on the pitch. Elphick fucks up, thornhill and crofts are good but uninspiring, Dickinson hasn't hit teh ground at all yet, letalone hit it running, Murrey doens't give two shits, Kuipers (i love this man!) is starting to show his age, Whing and wright have been out. Navvaro should have delievered more than he has, Davies (C) on loan, Davies (A) un inspiring, Hart did his job. Which was just to make up the numbers and take a few nice touches well but thats not gong to win games. These men have let down Slade. Good luck russell and thanks for the survival. Albion Legend for the first few months of his reign.

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
Posted under a hastily formed i.d ? .. someone fairly close to the club but someone who does not want to blow their cover .. clever.

I actually signed up for this account 31 days ago so did not create the id especially. I created my original account a few years ago but i could never log in, and gave up after a few attempts for the Mods to get it sorted.

Surely, a rumour like mine, where the action had already been completed, is not on the same par as a rumour like "we are going to sign Marlon King in 18 months time because a friend of mine works for HM prison service" is

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think oatway would be a good coach simply because he is a hard little fekker and he won't take shirkers on the pitch which sadly we seem to have had a few this season

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
I actually signed up for this account 31 days ago so did not create the id especially. I created my original account a few years ago but i could never log in, and gave up after a few attempts for the Mods to get it sorted.

Surely, a rumour like mine, where the action had already been completed, is not on the same par as a rumour like "we are going to sign Marlon King in 18 months time because a friend of mine works for HM prison service" is

Good on yer mate there's some not so smart people gone a little bit quiet now on here - funny usually have a lot to say, but guess that's just a symptom of how sour grapes get to you.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Ive been around for quite a while but dont post as i enjoy watching the banter unfold, and as ive said on a previous thread, particularly US's film reviews.

I can't really mention names, but im quite friendly with a close relative of one of the occupants of the director's box.

BAN THE LARGE ONE! :ban:

(Now would you believe me if i told you i went to school with Stacey Solomon? )
The father of her child is Dean cox!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here