Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked..

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Ban the lynch mob!!! ( ironic eh? )
Good on ya Greeno

Shame for Slade, a good man, football is harsh on managers but it has to be. As for White and Booker, well i don't watch training sessions so I can't possibly comment, and nor should anyone else who doesn't watch them either!
Whoever is appointed, EVEN if it is Barnes, (please no) I will support them with all my heart until they give me reason not to.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Greeno was right about Slade going. So I wish to acknowledge the fact he's got a good source. I would also go further and say that, although I didn't post such words publicly, i thought Greeno was a mischief-maker and for that I was wholly wrong. And I apologise.

Even so, I stand by what I did say. Until rumours like that are substantiated (and Greeno had not substantiated anything up to that point), these kinds of threads should be in quarantine.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He had to go after the Oldham game, but that meeting they had on Monday Bloom must of made his attentions clear and said " If you don't win, then you're gone!" And after yesterday he had to go. Attacking wise yesterday we were better, but defensive wise well it was nearly Sunday League. If we were playing Leeds yesterday, then they would of destroyed us with defending like that.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Sorry, double post. Taking so long to get through that I tried again.

Last edited:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Slade had to go. Bloom spent a £1 Million on players and that does not buy the chairman, whose £Million it is, a relegation battle in the third division, against teams like Yeovil, Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers who all have nothing spent on the team. In short Slade has blown a Million on rubbish and if it was my Million he had wasted then I would sack him too. ts as simple as that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Im willing to put my membership of NSC on the line...that is how sure i am.

Posted under a hastily formed i.d ? .. someone fairly close to the club but someone who does not want to blow their cover .. clever.

Slade had to go. Bloom spent a £1 Million on players and that does not buy the chairman, whose £Million it is, a relegation battle in the third division, against teams like Yeovil, Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers who all have nothing spent on the team. In short Slade has blown a Million on rubbish and if it was my Million he had wasted then I would sack him too. ts as simple as that.

I disagree. We have been crying out for a decent winger for years and then Bennett comes along. Young, fast and has an eye for goal, I would have paid 1 million for him alone. Tunnicliffe again is younger than Elphick and is learning his trade and improving but still has been our best defender. Dicker and Crofts have to been very good acquisitions with crofts tackling abillity, good fitness and eye for goal while Dicker seems to always be man of the match.

Dickinson has given 100% but confidence wise he has been lacking and the long balls to him have to stop, hence bringing in a new manager to change tactics. Hoyte has been a brilliant loan signing along with Davies however Smith and Navarro still need to prove the critics wrong and the other Smith plus Thornhill have been poor.

The manager has to come in and sort out the distribution from the defense and the lack of defending that goes on, the lack of goals from midfield and no real attacking presence through the center and balls need to be played to Dickinson's feet.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gutted for Slade he has been let down by the players big time. When it comes down to it though its results that matter and they haven't been coming in. Hoping he gets another job soonish

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hmmm, maybe the new (probably high profile) manager has said he'll accept but only if he can bring in his own backroom staff? Wise and Poyet anyone?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So we now have Wilkins?, Adams, Slade, White and Booker to pay off and have to appoint yet more knew coaching staff who will then take time to turn things around. .
Wilkins and Adams are working elsewhere, so would no longer be paying these. Slade, White and Booker will have to be paid off, but White and Booker are only on rolling short term deals which wouldn't amount to much of a pay off, so its just Slade, and I can't see Slade being out of work for long, so there won't be much to pay off, as he'll only be entitled to loss of earning, and if he gets another job soon, he won't be losing much.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As someone who disagreed with his appointment in the first place and repeatedly got flamed for saying so , I feel vindicated that RS wasn't the best thing since sliced bread. Best wishes though for the future Russ , results are what count and being able to talk the talk and coming over as Mr Nice Guy wont keep you in a long term job but I'm sure you'll do well at a lower league club. The dynamic duo have been ushered out too , in preparation for a proper coaching set up. Thank you TB - for doing the right thing now instead of the new year when we could be well in the shit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gutted for Slade he has been let down by the players big time. When it comes down to it though its results that matter and they haven't been coming in. Hoping he gets another job soonish

Slade must be odds on favourite now to take over at Blundell Park. :thumbsup:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Greeno was right about Slade going. So I wish to acknowledge the fact he's got a good source. I would also go further and say that, although I didn't post such words publicly, i thought Greeno was a mischief-maker and for that I was wholly wrong. And I apologise.

Even so, I stand by what I did say. Until rumours like that are substantiated (and Greeno had not substantiated anything up to that point), these kinds of threads should be in quarantine.

:wrong:

so rumours should be substaniated before being allowed on the forum?
thus making them facts?
so this is your vision of a NSC utopia?

:shootself

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Hoyte has been a brilliant loan signing along with Davies

You're kidding about Davies, right? If not, you couldn't have been at the game yesterday - absolutely useless. You can see why he doesn't make the Forest team.

Overall, Slade's signings have been OK, but not great (with the notable exceptions of Bennett and Dicker):

Tunny - shows promise but has failed to cement a regular place in a dreadful defence

Smith - Ditto, but not sure about the promise bit. How many goals has he conceded so far???

Dickinson - Overall, you have to say he is disappointing for the money spent. He is certainly not setting the division on fire.

Crofts - As Slade would put it, 'he puts in a shift' but he's not going to win us promotion - at least not unless he plays with a more creative and attacking midfielder.

For me, the performance of his own signings is reason enough for the change, much as that saddens me, because he's undoubtedly a decent and intelligent man.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I suspect Slade was sacked for the lack of discipline his players have had this season, 6 sending offs in 1 season is far too much let alone after the first quarter of the season (no matter how unfortunate some of them were). Mr Slade did a marvellous job last season but there has been no progression since. Wise and Poyet for me as Curbishley is unrealistic but would've been otherwise the perfect choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here