Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky suffer from reduction in viewers

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still subscribe to all the channels on Sky. I shouldn't really but they don't knock much off if you cancel any of the channels.

Having said that. I still watch the BBC more than any other channel. They still are the best when it comes to making progs (imo).

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I've has sky for years and wouldn't be without it. Why? Well here's a scenario. Its Sunday afternoon, got a bit of a hangover and I can't be arsed to do much. The choices are

1. Mow the Lawn
2. Pop world with some long haired twat on T4
3. The wifes Slags in the city DVD or
4. Man U v Bolton

I know which I prefer and its not starting up the flymo.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Rougvie said:
The GREAT thing about Sky is Sky+.

I only like a few shows, but I am never in when they are on so its a great way of storing up good telly to watch when i'm 'working from home' or when we are in and there is f*** all on.

The same could be said about a Freeview PVR. I hardly watch any 'live' TV these days.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I'm having terrible problems with Sky at the moment. Only have it for a month and already we have had no signal on two occasions. Wasted a sh.....tload of credit last saturday being "talked" through how to fix the problem before I was told "I'll have to get an engineer out to you - but it will be next tuesday at the earliest. Problem fixed on tuesday and gone again last night. Engineer this time can't come until next wednesday.

Beginning to regret ever getting it installed.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shegull said:
I'm having terrible problems with Sky at the moment. Only have it for a month and already we have had no signal on two occasions. Wasted a sh.....tload of credit last saturday being "talked" through how to fix the problem before I was told "I'll have to get an engineer out to you - but it will be next tuesday at the earliest. Problem fixed on tuesday and gone again last night. Engineer this time can't come until next wednesday.

Beginning to regret ever getting it installed.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Cowboy installer. They're not engineers, never have been never will be.

Happy to say I wasn't a cowboy when I did it :angel:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
MYOB prepares to fix another dish

cowboy.jpg

:lolol:

Yorkie said:
I've never understood why the Monopolies Commission hasn't investigated it.

They have and their successorsd are just about to do so again..........

Ofcom looks into pay TV industry
The media regulator Ofcom is to launch an investigation into the pay TV industry, following a submission from a group including Virgin Media.
Virgin Media recently lost access to several Sky TV channels after a bruising battle during which the two failed to agree a new contract.

The National Consumer Council (NCC) said the dispute was bad for customers.

The group of BT, Setanta, Top Up TV and Virgin Media wants Ofcom to refer the industry to the Competition Commission.

Ofcom's investigation will include subscription and on-demand services across cable, digital terrestrial television (DTT), satellite and the internet.

BSkyB response

Aspects of this market appear to be failing consumers and a thorough investigation is warranted
National Consumer Council

BSkyB is the biggest provider of pay TV services through its satellite platform and is also considering entering the DTT market.

"BT, Top Up TV and Setanta all have a commercial interest in preventing Sky from increasing customer choice by developing a new pay TV service on the DTT platform," BSkyB said in a statement.

BSkyB also said it hoped that the investigation would look into "the physical and legal barriers and business practices that shield Virgin Media from true competition".

The 3.3 million subscribers who receive cable television from Virgin Media - formerly known as NTL:Telewest - have been unable to watch Sky channels such as Sky One since the beginning of March following the spat between the two broadcasters.

The NCC welcomed the inquiry saying: "Aspects of this market appear to be failing consumers and a thorough investigation is warranted."

Ofcom is already investigating BSkyB's purchase of a 17.9% stake in ITV, which effectively prevented Virgin from launching a takeover.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/business/6469461.stm

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
TonyW said:
Utter nonsense!!

Oh, well that solves that argument then. Thread closed! :lolol:

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Wozza said:
The same could be said about a Freeview PVR. I hardly watch any 'live' TV these days.

Just got this myself and it's a fantastic purchase, when there is nothing on instead of watching whatever crap is on or sky sports news rolling round we watch films or programmes we recorded a while back.

Just signed up to Setanta for £11 a month so that covers 2 premiership games a week which is all I need to watch, any big games i'll go down the pub.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
MYOB said:
Cowboy installer. They're not engineers, never have been never will be.

Happy to say I wasn't a cowboy when I did it :angel:

Then will you kindly get out and fix it for me

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shegull said:
Then will you kindly get out and fix it for me

How high is the dish off the ground and is it in Drumcondra or Dunboyne? I don't have my own ladder van, or signal meters but I should be able to figure out if theres anything obviously done in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here