Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can't imagine for one minute that BHA will sell Biss in this transfer window. However, once we get to the summer we will HAVE to sell, as it's pretty unlikely Biss will sign a contract extension - we simply wouldn't be able to pay him enough (compared to what he could get by running down his contract). And once we get to the summer (assuming he is cleared of the alleged issue) the big guns will be interested (again)....bigger guns than Villa, no matter how much Villa have splurged in the recent past. Added to which, I simply cannot imagine Biss living in the West Midlands.... :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I love Biss and he's only going to get better, but there is no reason for him to sign a new deal at the moment. Yeah, security is a thing but he's 25 and that short term security would potentially rule him out of a massive move until he's 30 if he ties himself down without a release clause.

I actually could see him going. I don't think he will, but if the club know that he's not going to sign and an offer comes in that's too big to reject, then the club will do what it needs to do.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think there's a higher probability than many on here are suggesting.

Times reported he was quite keen - which wouldn't have been said if they hadn't got it from somewhere.

18 months left - won't re-sign. Decent bid. Can see it happening.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In all honesty, I'd be happy to market him as (if not available) then a player we would talk to others clubs about. And, if someone offered us £50m+ for him now, I'd probably take it.

He's a valuable player to us, but more valuable is the message that we sell on our terms.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That is a big issue in Bissouma’s case . If he were to go on a free to a top 6 club here or a big club in Europe , he could conceivably get a £5 - 10 million signing on fee !

Which - if you saw any of his Instagram last summer - is the bare minimum needed to support his love of natty designer gear.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Plus the case of Zaha must be cautionary to many players, trapped at a mid table club throughout his best earning years. Nice salary but no glory and no big signing on fees.

Indeed. No chance of major honours now unless he was to take a huge pay cut and get Palace to release him on a free. His performances have dropped off massively in the last year or so, Palace fans are getting restless with him now, he is just an overpaid EPL player who can’t live up to his previous billing.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
If Biss wasn't to sign a new contract with us, why would he want to sign for mid table Aston Villa? He can do better, surely? Villa would be a poor choice.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Biss wasn't to sign a new contract with us, why would he want to sign for mid table Aston Villa? He can do better, surely? Villa would be a poor choice.

If it's the only offer on the table, then at least doubling his wages will probably do it - doesn't mean he can't move again within a year or two.........anyway, if Villa do bid I suspect it'll bring others to the table pretty quickly.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Andy Naylor in The Athletic is very conservative in what he writes and tweets about without firstly being given a 'heads up' from the club.

Yesterday's article was headlined, "Brighton are aware of interest in Yves Bissouma but will demand £50m to sell him this month."

My take on it is that Brighton have basically gone public with a 'take it, or leave it' offer to Villa.
But with the club happy to hold back until the summer window if they don't fork out £50m this window.

Meanwhile, Villa will know that if they strike now they would likely be able to jump the queue ahead of higher placed clubs like Liverpool.
Villa are clearly showing intent on strengthening and most likely gave assurances to Gerrard before he agreed to join.

Having already signed Coutinho and expected to sign Lucas Digne from Everton, the signing of Bissouma would be a brilliant transfer window for them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know it is a bit harry hindsight but a real shame it took a good 2 years for Bissouma to get to the level we are now used to from him

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If it's the only offer on the table, then at least doubling his wages will probably do it - doesn't mean he can't move again within a year or two.........anyway, if Villa do bid I suspect it'll bring others to the table pretty quickly.

I'm sure that Tony and the board have a price in mind that they would be prepared to sell at, and if Villa match it, then the player will have no choice in the matter but to go.

At the end of the day money talks. Every player in the land is available to every club, at the right price.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm sure that Tony and the board have a price in mind that they would be prepared to sell at, and if Villa match it, then the player will have no choice in the matter but to go.

At the end of the day money talks. Every player in the land is available to every club, at the right price.

Players do have a choice in this matter. It doesn't happen very often, but players certainly can turn down a move if they don't want to go to a buying club for whatever reason.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would be terribly sorry for Biss to go but I'm resigned to the inevitability that he will. I do hope - for his sake - that he has more ambition than to go to Villa. He deserves to go to a top side whether in the EPL or in Europe where he can win trophies and compete at the highest level. And that isn't Villa.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Andy Naylor in The Athletic is very conservative in what he writes and tweets about without firstly being given a 'heads up' from the club.

Yesterday's article was headlined, "Brighton are aware of interest in Yves Bissouma but will demand £50m to sell him this month."

My take on it is that Brighton have basically gone public with a 'take it, or leave it' offer to Villa.
But with the club happy to hold back until the summer window if they don't fork out £50m this window.

Meanwhile, Villa will know that if they strike now they would likely be able to jump the queue ahead of higher placed clubs like Liverpool.
Villa are clearly showing intent on strengthening and most likely gave assurances to Gerrard before he agreed to join.

Having already signed Coutinho and expected to sign Lucas Digne from Everton, the signing of Bissouma would be a brilliant transfer window for them.

I know it isn't his normal style, but it looked very much like an attempt to generate a story around the transfer window, where maybe one doesn't exist. If it were a priority for the player he could so easily have made himself unavailable for AFCON, given his previous international record. I can't see the club being in an hurry to disrupt a promising season either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think there's a higher probability than many on here are suggesting.

Times reported he was quite keen - which wouldn't have been said if they hadn't got it from somewhere.

18 months left - won't re-sign. Decent bid. Can see it happening.

I'm sorry to disillusion you, but Times writers are just as capable of recycling other publications' clickbait rumours as anyone else.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

money

Villa are also a big club with good history so could be disguised but yeah , cash is king

the thought of it is crap though , Bissouma bosses the midfield against everyone. I'm worried about missing him fri , let alone forever

Best player we've had

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here