Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The words of Fabrizio Romano:

Bissouma to villa is really complicated, wants top four club maybe in the summer. Newcastle also interested...even more complicated, close to impossible.

I don't know how to start a video at a certain point but you can see it here from about 11:55

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The words of Fabrizio Romano:

Bissouma to villa is really complicated, wants top four club maybe in the summer. Newcastle also interested...even more complicated, close to impossible.

I don't know how to start a video at a certain point but you can see it here from about 11:55

Sky Sports News squeezed this out earlier:

“Bissouma in no rush to leave Brighton:

Yves Bissouma is in no rush to leave Brighton this month amid interest from Aston Villa.
His future will become clearer when he returns to the UK from the Africa Cup of Nations later this month but he has been tracked by bigger clubs than Villa from the Premier League and abroad.”

Having shitted out the BS link in first place, it’s pretty rich them stating that Biss is being tracked by bigger clubs. Biss has been out of the likes of Villa’s reach for a few years now. What a waste of energy this absurd story has been. To even contemplate him in a team with the likes of Tyrone Mings is a ****ing insult to our player.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Some of these Villa fans are from a different planet, I’ve just read one of them say that Biss will be available for £20m tops in the summer as he’ll only have 12 months left. Does he really believe that all of the big clubs would just stand by and let one of the world’s best centre mids go for such a paltry fee?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Some of these Villa fans are from a different planet, I’ve just read one of them say that Biss will be available for £20m tops in the summer as he’ll only have 12 months left. Does he really believe that all of the big clubs would just stand by and let one of the world’s best centre mids go for such a paltry fee?

I have been saying that for a while. Having known a number of Villa fans over the years, including several members of my family, they really are a different breed and for them world domination is what they believe they deserve having invented football, and having had a good team in the 19th / early 20th century plus a couple of good years in the early 1980s. Appointing Gerrard has sparked all of that off again, they will be more unbearable than most if any of it actually pays off.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He’s right though. What’s the point in reading crap put out by journalists when we can see they are always in someone’s (club, agents, players) pocket ? The truth is that they are the conduit for other agendas so why bother ? It is what it is.

I was referring somewhat ironically to his belief that the broadsheets have more credibility with regard to transfer rumours than Sky or the tabs.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
No one ever said there was. Point me to where they/I did say that?

But he writes based on sauces, Sky and the tabloids will say anything to get clicks, often baseless AKA lying.

Help me out with your logic here.

In this case, if the story is right, then Sky were bang on the money, weren't they? And, what's more, they had it first. Surely the two main aims of news gathering.

If it's wrong, then Sam Wallace has apparently just repeated Sky's 'baseless' clickbait. Or those sauces of his have. Unless of course Sky was his main sauce.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Help me out with your logic here.

In this case, if the story is right, then Sky were bang on the money, weren't they? And, what's more, they had it first. Surely the two main aims of news gathering.

If it's wrong, then Sam Wallace has apparently just repeated Sky's 'baseless' clickbait. Or those sauces of his have. Unless of course Sky was his main sauce.

My logic, based on being a punter following football rumours and eventual real world transfers over 40 years.

Imho:

Sky and the tabloids are in the business of transfer hyperbole, lies and clickbait. Often a conduit for an interested party obtaining something eg an agent drumming up a faux market for a player, to engineer a pay rise. A word in the ear of :wanker:Kaveh Solhekol:wanker: and key presto, job done.

You know the score. Dhamesh or :wanker:Kaveh:wanker:, vaseline to hand, announcing “Sky Sports ….. exclusively can reveal ….. that ….. we understand that …….. xxxxx ….. has asked to be released to …… enter into discussions with ……”.

The tabloids, literally 1,000’s of baseless transfer ‘news’ every Jan and summer.

Then the broadsheets and bbc. My experience is that they generally:
- report true news. When they have pretty good info that Ben White to Arsenal is a go-er, they report it.
- if they go beyond that with a more dodgy rumour, they’ll normally say “Xxx reports that”.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My logic, based on being a punter following football rumours and eventual real world transfers over 40 years.

Imho:

Sky and the tabloids are in the business of transfer hyperbole, lies and clickbait. Often a conduit for an interested party obtaining something eg an agent drumming up a faux market for a player, to engineer a pay rise. A word in the ear of :wanker:Kaveh Solhekol:wanker: and key presto, job done.

You know the score. Dhamesh or :wanker:Kaveh:wanker:, vaseline to hand, announcing “Sky Sports ….. exclusively can reveal ….. that ….. we understand that …….. xxxxx ….. has asked to be released to …… enter into discussions with ……”.

The tabloids, literally 1,000’s of baseless transfer ‘news’ every Jan and summer.

Then the broadsheets and bbc. My experience is that they generally:
- report true news. When they have pretty good info that Ben White to Arsenal is a go-er, they report it.
- if they go beyond that with a more dodgy rumour, they’ll normally say “Xxx reports that”.

You see the problem here though don't you? They are either both right, in which case Sky reported the truth, against your belief, or they're both wrong, in which case the broadsheet reported a baseless rumour, against your belief.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You see the problem here though don't you? They are either both right, in which case Sky reported the truth, against your belief, or they're both wrong, in which case the broadsheet reported a baseless rumour, against your belief.

Not really.

Sky are liars and exaggerators, on an industrial scale. The 24 hour channel forcing their hand into talking baloney 24-7. Baseless rubbish, fed by manipulating third party parties, but Sky gladly accept it.

One of the funniest transfer things was at the end of the Jan’21 window. Kaveh staked his life on Sancho being a Manure player by 11pm. Despite Dortmund making it clear it wasn’t going to happen.

Kaveh was adamant, but in the last couple of hours he got increasingly red faced, sweaty and personally angry with Dortmund.

[A parallel would be Laura Kuensberg angry on screen that a GE wasn’t called early, when she thought it might be].

Looking at Telegraph football just now, it’s factual news, some nice written pieces. When it’s not, they quote the other outlet …. but I can’t recall the DT doing that, off hand.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What exactly has Gerrard done that is impressing some of you so much? Is winning the Scottish Premiership in a two horse race when one of the horses was lame what convinced you?

I have not seen anything that makes the massive hype about him convince me that he deserves the outstanding manager plaudits being bandied around :shrug:

Convince me

Yes, you must be right - he's a no-mark bin-dipper, always the victim and all that crap. No-one in the game rates him. He did attract Coutinho to sign for Aston Villa (think of that, Coutinho to Aston Villa ffs!) and now Digne has something to say about his influence, but hey, what do they know -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59977639

Not many much more senior sort of managers have that sort of draw. Check out post #321 too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, you must be right - he's a no-mark bin-dipper, always the victim and all that crap. No-one in the game rates him. He did attract Coutinho to sign for Aston Villa (think of that, Coutinho to Aston Villa ffs!) and now Digne has something to say about his influence, but hey, what do they know -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59977639

Not many much more senior sort of managers have that sort of draw. Check out post #321 too.

I’d suggest Villa’s deep pockets and Coutinho and Digne both falling out of favour at their respective clubs is the main reason both have gone there. Yes, I get that they admired Gerrard the player and are happy to give playing for him a whirl. I am not saying that he isn’t/won’t be a good PL manager but I’ll have to see what happens over the next year or so before jumping on the bandwagon. He has the backing so no excuses if he doesn’t shine, top six has to be the minimum expectation?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not read all of the thread, but I was thinking about it yesterday. To be perfectly honest, I have no issue with Biss going to Villa, if that's where he ends up. Any bidding/interest will indicate how much he will go for – as well as Tony's ability to get as much money out of clubs as possible. You might get one of the 'big clubs' come in an push the price up, who knows?

Therefore, because the club knows they will get a decent price for him, I couldn't really care where he goes. That's nothing against him as a player, but if he wants to leave (there's no debate he is good enough to play at a higher level), then it's up to him!

Having said that, if he wants CL football, I very much doubt he's going to get it at Villa. But, like I say, that's up to him :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’d suggest Villa’s deep pockets and Coutinho and Digne both falling out of favour at their respective clubs is the main reason both have gone there. Yes, I get that they admired Gerrard the player and are happy to give playing for him a whirl. I am not saying that he isn’t/won’t be a good PL manager but I’ll have to see what happens over the next year or so before jumping on the bandwagon. He has the backing so no excuses if he doesn’t shine, top six has to be the minimum expectation?

I have only seen Villa once since he took over; the cup game the other night. They were playing an exciting and somewhat risky brand of attacking football not dissimilar to Potter’s Albion. That’s a pretty impressive turnaround in a few months from the previous dirty, negative, cheating Villa. Maybe give the guy a chance ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Villa & 2 others have enquired over Bissouma this window apparently. Brighton standing firm at £50M+

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here