Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky or Virgin: which is better?

Regina_George

Is butter a carb? :P
Aug 17, 2009
Brighton
Used to be with virgin but they were taking the piss with costs, now I'm with sky, not a huge difference in what I pay for monthly but I'd rather save even if it's only £5-£10 a month, plus I get more for my money now, one thing I can't fault with VM was their internet, never had a problem with them or had any time where it was impossible to get on, but sky cut me off if i've had so many hours, as in, all day, and it goes so slow after 6pm, so after a day at work and I fancy signing on for a bit, takes forever to get a good connection because I just get disconnected... unlimited my arse.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Used to be with virgin but they were taking the piss with costs, now I'm with sky, not a huge difference in what I pay for monthly but I'd rather save even if it's only £5-£10 a month, plus I get more for my money now, one thing I can't fault with VM was their internet, never had a problem with them or had any time where it was impossible to get on, but sky cut me off if i've had so many hours, as in, all day, and it goes so slow after 6pm, so after a day at work and I fancy signing on for a bit, takes forever to get a good connection because I just get disconnected... unlimited my arse.

I have NEVER had a problem re speed/connection with Sky Broadband (medium option - £5 pm), maybe your exchange is the reason for your problems

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have NEVER had a problem re speed/connection with Sky Broadband (medium option - £5 pm), maybe your exchange is the reason for your problems

I had problems with my sky internet. It started cutting out. Then would come back if you took the phone off the hook for five minutes. Eventually it got worse and would only maintain a connection if the phone was left off the hook.

Phoned them up they found nothing wrong with their end. They arranged a BT engineer to come out, he found a rusty wire, trimmed it and left. Worked for an hour then dropped out again.
BT engineer came back and did a thorough and complete service.
Worked ok for a couple of weeks dropped out.

Phoned sky again and was told it would either be the actual phone box (where we plug the phone in) or the router. They said it would be referred to their special team and they would be in contact to let me know if I had to change the box (at a cost of £165 to BT) or if they'd replace my modem (free to me). Didn't get a phone call, but after about 3 weeks it cleared up.

My dad's workmates had similar problem.

I think it may have been related to firmware upgrades to the router. It has *touch wood* been settled for over 6 weeks now.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
One other point is that Virgin dont broadcast Sky Movies in Dolby 5.1 as sky do so if you have a surround sound it wont make any diffrence.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
.YOU MUST CANCEL TO GET A GOOD DEAL.

Well said sir, it's the same with the phone companies. I cancelled with 3 and they then offered a new touch screen 5MP for £9.72 a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here