Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skoda Octavia

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Have top of the range 55 diesel estate with 115,000 on the clock. Turbo blown, radiator failed, wheel bearing problems - great car whilst it is running - best part is the BHA plate!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Czechs swear by them,, because its there nations car make...

Czechoslovakia where making the original skoda cars and may be still are!!

I'd rather have a vw passat, still about same price and better looking..

You obviously know nothing about Czech engineering, some of the finest in the world. But held back and controlled by communism. The Tatra lorry was the only vehicle to master the Aswan Dam project, far superior to Volvo. I've owned several pre VW Skodas, they were great little cars. I put up with all the jokes about skips , doubling their value or warming your hands. Today they do not have the sever restrictions put on them by the Commys, they have cars designed by VW but built by Czechs.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
£9030 and giving away your Clio for the privelage of driving around a car....at the end you own NOTHING,

That dont seem like a good deal to me.

So wrong! Why would you want to own A car??
Let’s take all of your hard earned money and put it into something that is guaranteed to depreciate!!
Would you buy a house if you knew it was going to lose value? Of course not you would rent it!
Stick with the PCP! Can’t go wrong , the only expense you may have is an MOT if you keep it beyond 3 years and obviously tyres etc…

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So wrong! Why would you want to own A car??
Let’s take all of your hard earned money and put it into something that is guaranteed to depreciate!!
Would you buy a house if you knew it was going to lose value? Of course not you would rent it!
Stick with the PCP! Can’t go wrong , the only expense you may have is an MOT if you keep it beyond 3 years and obviously tyres etc…

I have (as my work car) a 2003 ford focus diesel, I travel 140 miles per day, thats approx 30K per year PLUS 240 mile round trips to the AMEX every second week.
It cost me 2000 pounds and had 60 K on the clock 2 years ago, Now it has 138K it has cost me several oil/filter changes, 1 new set of tires and brakes, and a cam belt, apart from that its never gone wrong. Total cost about £700

So I think that blows your theory out of the water?

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I have (as my work car) a 2003 ford focus diesel, I travel 140 miles per day, thats approx 30K per year PLUS 240 mile round trips to the AMEX every second week.
It cost me 2000 pounds and had 60 K on the clock 2 years ago, Now it has 138K it has cost me several oil/filter changes, 1 new set of tires and brakes, and a cam belt, apart from that its never gone wrong. Total cost about £700

So I think that blows your theory out of the water?

Of course it does! If your looking to drive around in an older cheaper car say sub 4-5k! But for somebody wanting to spend 14-15k + then it is completely illogical!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here