Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skoda Octavia

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I have an Octavia, 51 plate 1.9tdi. It is a tank of a car and worth investing in. I am looking at getting a new car as it is too big for what I do with it (shopping) and am considering a fabia. very impressed.

Sod the snobs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Skoda is an age thing. Say it to teens today and they look blankly as in a "whats wrong with that" say to say thirty plus and its "he he he skoda"

well i have been driving them for ten yrs and been fine. plus my fabias are group two so dirt cheap amd ideal for me amd the kids ro pootle round in.

plus alot of taxis are skodas. thats their livelihood so would they have unreliable cars?

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
VW Golf gti turbo engine.
Zero to 62 in 7.2 seconds.
150 top end.
Golf running gear and electronics.
Superb build quality inside and out.
All with enough room to accomodate anything a family could want to throw at it.
Self respect well and truly intact!!!

Classy !! snigger..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
New one has just gone into production in Czech, so the one in the finance deal will be the 'old' model in a few months' time. I'm guessing they are also expecting a few more customers to opt for the new (slightly smaller) Rapid model, which has just gone on sale, hence pushing this deal so hard.

Still a great car though. Built on a fine VW chassis, good quality materials, reliable, and great value for money. Go for it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isnt the Skoda Octavia a cheaper version of an Audi.

or a cheap version of a VW, Audi's being expensive versions of the same :wink:

i've probably overlooked this car in my car hunting, can any owners confirm if its a hatchback, ie you can lift the whole boot/window and fold down the seats?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm in the verge of getting a new car. There's an awesome deal on brand new Skoda Octavia at the moment.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/finance/offers/octaviaseconnect/Pages/default.aspx

Anyone else got one? Their reliability issues seem to have been sorted long ago. Car of choice for the discerning private hire driver these days too!

That model was on sale at just over £18,000 for 1 month in some show rooms the minimum requirement,if you believe you are getting a good deal go for it,Sainsburys DFS Laura Ashley all offer similar deals where they rack prices up for a month and then drop them by 50%, leading customers to believe they are buying at half price modern day con.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
That model was on sale at just over £18,000 for 1 month in some show rooms the minimum requirement,if you believe you are getting a good deal go for it,Sainsburys DFS Laura Ashley all offer similar deals where they rack prices up for a month and then drop them by 50%, leading customers to believe they are buying at half price modern day con.

Nonsense I'm afraid.
This is a high quality car.
Check out Top Gear's VRS head to head with the Golf Gti on the racetrack before posting drivel.

Tiff liked it - good enough for me.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A proper Skoda 4x4 SUV is being released soon based on the new VW Tiguan XL. Looks decent from the snap I saw in a German car mag.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Bought my second one in a row last year. That's the first time in 40 years driving that I bought the same model of car again (though extra 6th gear now, reversing bleeper, etc). I have spoken to several guys who have sold theirs then regretted it. I have to say it's the massive boot that goes a long way to selling it for me - most of the cabbies have them, of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have one, which is now getting old, 54 Reg, but cannot speak to high of it as it has been brilliant and sailed through the MOTs. Having said that it is poorly sick at the moment as I went through a flood on Christmas Day and it got soaked and although a diesel it conked out. I am hoping it is just a case of letting it dry out completely as it still goes but has very little power. Told it could be ECU soaked.

Took the car to DumpSport on the Tidy Ind Estate Ditchling this morning to have it put on an electronic analyzer which diagnosed the fault code. It turned out to be a coincidence that it got wet as the fault was a small hole in a pipe to the turbo thus causing a leak in the vacuum.

Jan 30, 2008
We have one, which is now getting old, 54 Reg, but cannot speak to high of it as it has been brilliant and sailed through the MOTs. Having said that it is poorly sick at the moment as I went through a flood on Christmas Day and it got soaked and although a diesel it conked out. I am hoping it is just a case of letting it dry out completely as it still goes but has very little power. Told it could be ECU soaked.
yeah right, think of all that water in the pistons :dunce:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What position does he play?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah of course.. they still make them, and I think trams and metro carriages...museum in Mlada Boleslav... I just think its funny that the name is a word Czechs use for 'shame'

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The new Octavia model is getting rave reviews from the car industry media before its full launch. Likely to be the next car of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here