Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skoda Octavia

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have one, which is now getting old, 54 Reg, but cannot speak to high of it as it has been brilliant and sailed through the MOTs. Having said that it is poorly sick at the moment as I went through a flood on Christmas Day and it got soaked and although a diesel it conked out. I am hoping it is just a case of letting it dry out completely as it still goes but has very little power. Told it could be ECU soaked.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Are they not VW's in a different guise? know several people with them and both love them. A Good VFM buy

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Having said that it is poorly sick at the moment as I went through a flood on Christmas Day and it got soaked and although a diesel it conked out. I am hoping it is just a case of letting it dry out completely as it still goes but has very little power. Told it could be ECU soaked.

Had a very similar issue with a vw golf gtd a few years ago after going through a deep puddle a bit too quickly. A new air mass meter did the trick.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Cheers guys, looks like ill get one. I can put my old Clio down as deposit and then it's only £215 pm for 42 months then hand it back, sell it or trade it in etc... Not bad for a brad new car

D

Deleted member 2719

Pound for pound Skoda must be the best manufacturer on the road since VAG got hold of them, fantastic motors, do it you won't regret it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
3 1/2 years renting a car at £215 per month and still not own it, but with an option to buy.
Don't sound that great to be honest.
After. 6 months its no longer new and still a further 3 years of over £200 per month.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bought a new Octavia VRS in October on their VAT-free offer.
Brilliant car.
Really well built, cavernous boot, goes like a rocket.
Lots of clever touches too.
Bugger to park though. I even went back and got the rear parking sensors fitted. Much easier now and well worth the £250.

Can't speak highly enough of this motor.
I now own a family-friendly Golf Gti, for 8 grand less than VW owners pay.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I have a Fabia - inherited it from my father in law.

Initially I hated it - but fair play you can't knock it for reliability
and ease of drive.

The stigma of Skoda seems to have been
largely buried - esp. with publicity like the Tour de France support
cars all using them and of course VW engines.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the best adverts ever.
I know after 3 weeks of this, I want one:-

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
3 1/2 years renting a car at £215 per month and still not own it, but with an option to buy.
After. 6 months its no longer new and still a further 3 years of over £200 per month.

£9030 and giving away your Clio for the privelage of driving around a car....at the end you own NOTHING,

That dont seem like a good deal to me.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Its all about self respect...............
VW Golf gti turbo engine.
Zero to 62 in 7.2 seconds.
150 top end.
Golf running gear and electronics.
Superb build quality inside and out.
All with enough room to accomodate anything a family could want to throw at it.
Self respect well and truly intact!!!

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove

Unless you are incredibly lucky, owning a car outright is a bit of an expensive and pointless exercise. The only thing you are buying is a guarantee that in a couple of years you will have to do it all again. So in that way why not get a new one, enjoy the benefits of a warranty and trouble free motoring for what is in this case a lot of bang for your buck!

It doesnt work if you are going down the cheap runabout "pay your money and take your chance" route but if you are looking at a substantial investment in a car PCP and leasing can be a good way to go but like anything else, use the internet and hunt out the bargains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here