Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skipper - Crofts or Greer?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
One of the first things Gus did when he came in was make Crofty captain, and he was brilliant. But since he left, Greer has been an incredible leader.

I wonder if GG will still be skipper or whether Crofts takes back his old role. Personally I hope GG keeps it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wonder if this was a reason for the delay in Crofts signing, as this has been on ice for a few weeks..Be interesting to see who gets the armband.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GG until he gets sent off and then it's Crofts

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This will not be an issue when Barnsley SWOOP for Greer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Greer with Crofts taking the vice captain band from Calderon when he is not on the pitch

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Calde won't see a lot of action so Crofty as vice skipper,

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I do think midfield is a far better position for a captain than centre defence.

Disagree completely I'm afraid. An organised back line is so important, and as a CB you can observe the rest of the game as it pushes ahead and organise. CB or GK are the best positions for captain in my opinion.

(Though that might be slightly biased by the fact that I was a CB captain...)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disagree completely I'm afraid. An organised back line is so important, and as a CB you can observe the rest of the game as it pushes ahead and organise. CB or GK are the best positions for captain in my opinion.

(Though that might be slightly biased by the fact that I was a CB captain...)

Agree (apart from the keeper bit) a Centre Back captain for me everyday of the week but it does depend on the nature of the players involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here