Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKINT deal expired...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we've got it for another season at least ! ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, would be a pity to loose Skint as it has to rate as the coolest sponsor in the league by a country mile. It can be argued that as a progressive club we should be looking for a larger sponsor but they invested in the club at one of its lowest points and will do fine for now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont know the figures, but i got the impression that they gave us more money than a club of our standing would normally expect.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The FA didnt reward Nationwide with another contract after their continued support during the ITV Digital crisis.

Quite right, they have invested heavily in our club, and im sure DK will repay their commitment with another contract. Unlike the FA, DK has morals.

Skint is a class sponsor which deserves another extended contract. :)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Biscuit said:
The FA didnt reward Nationwide with another contract after their continued support during the ITV Digital crisis.

Quite right, they have invested heavily in our club, and im sure DK will repay their commitment with another contract. Unlike the FA, DK has morals.

Skint is a class sponsor which deserves another extended contract. :)

Not that I want too come to the defence of the FA here as I think they are a useless bunch of......

But The Nationwide still have sponsorship with the FA in the national team, they don't and have never have sponsored the other FA thing, the Premiership and as far as I know they remain the sponsors of the conference.

the other bit, the league we are in, is run by another complete waste of time and space, the Football League, run from Blackpool.

Its not an FA thing its a FL thing.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Soton Seagull said:
Hope we keep them. It has been refreshing not to walk around with a naff advert for paint pots or similar for a change.

True,

Sandtext...boring but not bad.
caledonain airways...WTF!
Nobo....In pink, just a pure inbarrassment.
Donatello's....Just crap to be honest.
SKINT.....Apt, funny, and totally cool.

When we were at Wrexham last week in the pub, a couple of old guys called me over to their table.

They starting talking to me, and once my optimism was crushed (having thought I'd pulled), I realised that through their Welsh tongues they were asking what on earth our sponsor actually is!

I was happy to tell them, although it's slightly concerning that I had to convey the idea of a record label by pretending I was mixing :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
SKINT need to be made honorary life sponsors. The very idea of being sponsored by makers of lollipops or beanie babies is simply too horrible to contemplate :nono:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
SKINT need to be made honorary life sponsors. The very idea of being sponsored by makers of lollipops or beanie babies is simply too horrible to contemplate :nono:

To true. Imagine having TY in a heart shape or something! :sick:

You're right in saying it could be alot worse! What are the worse you can think of...Having 'Starbucks' might be quite cool!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
the amount of people that joke about it as i travel around the country!! skint must be kept

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we're skint and we know we are !

can't think of a sponsor i'd rather have...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I love the Skint sponsorship logo. It would be disastrous to lose it.:(

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Biscuit said:
caledonain airways...WTF!

Ah, is this the innocence of youth shining through. British Caledonian Airways were the second larget airline in the country at the time (after the then state run BA) and were based at Gatwick. It was their helicopter that the team flew to Wembley on in 1983.

Famous for very dodgy Enn Reitel (?) adverts about caledonian girls to the tune of the Beach Boys Californian Girls.

Taken over by BA in a very hostile takeover despite a better offer from another company.

I will now return to the plane spotters lounge at Gatwick to collect my anorak!!!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
My dad occasionally wears his Bristol Rovers shirt from a few years ago with the totally baffling sponsor "Bradshaw Snackbox" across the chest. Embarrassing.

Am no big fan of our crappy red (RED!!!) Thomson logo disfiguring Spurs shirts, mind. . .

:angry: :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i want the old style skint writing back though !

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Ah, is this the innocence of youth shining through. British Caledonian Airways were the second larget airline in the country at the time (after the then state run BA) and were based at Gatwick. It was their helicopter that the team flew to Wembley on in 1983.

Famous for very dodgy Enn Reitel (?) adverts about caledonian girls to the tune of the Beach Boys Californian Girls.

Taken over by BA in a very hostile takeover despite a better offer from another company.

I will now return to the plane spotters lounge at Gatwick to collect my anorak!!!

Cheers for sorting that out matey! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here