Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Without wanting to trawl through 14 pages, I'm guessing we don't yet know what's happening with Ward?

No.

He's a contracted player who Wolves want to move on. So if we do want him then we'll have to negotiate his signing once the transfer window opens.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
You lot were raving about Orlandi until the turn of the year, injuries aside I wouldn't mind betting you'll miss him next season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No.

He's a contracted player who Wolves want to move on. So if we do want him then we'll have to negotiate his signing once the transfer window opens.

Cheers. Know Wolves want to move him on, but I somehow get the impression he'd like to go back. Let's hope we can hang onto him.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
You lot were raving about Orlandi until the turn of the year, injuries aside I wouldn't mind betting you'll miss him next season.

We'll miss him massively if he was fit and he will be a huge asset to any Championship club next season if he gets a run of games. That is a big if though and for the money he is reportedly on one that is not worth taking given these days of FFP

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Quite the opposite, in fact.

If we kept him, and he had a season like this one, when he was never fully fit, THEN we'd miss him.

If we invest his wages on a suitable replacement, then we won't miss him.

that's kind of the point.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
find it odd that people want to keep Hoskins. he hasn't been fit for the last 3 years; whos to say he wont be injured for the next 3 years?

last time he came back everyone was singing and dancing about how we have a new player, 3 games later and again he was out for another year and a half :facepalm:

I accept that this will go down badly with a lot of people on here but im really not fussed about him leaving. its not exactly like hes been prolific and someone has swooped him away from us, he done **** all for the club and the team so why should he be allowed to stay

rant over.

Agree with above whole heartedly. The only thing he has done apart from score against Newcastle is to buy a flashy M4 and stick a personalised number plate on it. Whatever we paid him went down the drain.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Like this you mean?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26055733

The club's wage bill rose by £6.1 Million. ROSE by £6.1 Million. I'd rather 'push out' managers who don't understand the importance of financial stabilty at this football club. The last time managers were allowed a free rein with contracts and wages on that scale it opened the door for Stanley and Archer. I'll take the club's current approach right now-even if it means managers leave on a regular basis.

Maybe all future manager applicants should be made to write an essay on what they learned from reading 'Build A Bonfire' before they get an interview?

That's not the point, is it? It's about spending that money on players the manager wants.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

He's class. Definitely gonna be missed, the extent of which kinda depending on how well we replace him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of the look that Tony is giving in that picture.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In what way?

Firstly it's a requirement to have a retained list produced on a time.

Secondly where or who has there been undermining of the last two managers. The first was whoring himself at every opportunity and the second one it appears wasn't very communicative.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'll regret letting Hoskins go.

I hope not but i feel,if he gets himself fit,then maybe you will be right,but that's the chance we have to take, great player-gutted it never worked out for him here,has good composure and good positional sense..something perhaps we have lacked at times when chances have come.

Casper is ok for me,perhaps as an understudy to challenge,he's calm but does have limitations,but what with FFP and the fact that perhaps we are looking to go (we should be really) 2 goalkeepers,he has expierence & will be adequate..

Happy enough with the rest..

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Firstly it's a requirement to have a retained list produced on a time.

Secondly where or who has there been undermining of the last two managers. The first was whoring himself at every opportunity and the second one it appears wasn't very communicative.

I know that - which was why my point was more aimed at the failure to give the manager, seemingly, any say on transfers. I know Bloom has come out and said things today, but the fact remains we've lost two managers for largely the same reason. That tells me something's not quite right.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know that - which was why my point was more aimed at the failure to give the manager, seemingly, any say on transfers. I know Bloom has come out and said things today, but the fact remains we've lost two managers for largely the same reason. That tells me something's not quite right.

Poyet never stated he didn't have any say or whether his player targets were never pursued, he said we hit the ceiling. That indicates he wanted more money for players. Which manager doesn't? Added to this he done it whilst whoring his ego to all and sundry.

Garcia appears to be somewhat a different reason, lack of commitment/understanding on his part surrounding player activity sounds more likely.

Get a British manager in. Only one foreigner has managed a team to promotion to the Premiership in 10 years (30 promotions)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here