Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Are we going to read in to the fact that 3 Spanish players were shown the door.

Maybe an indication that Bloom is looking for somebody to bring in British talent?!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I wish we were going to sign a new RB. Much as I like Bruno and Calde neither of them can defend. Personally I'd have let Bruno go as Calde's more versatile.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Just had a thought, it's a shame we had to let these guys go without getting a penny for them, surely we could have sold TK or AO if we'd offered them contracts at Xmas....oh well.....just would have been nice to sell them and get so something....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Does this mean we should see a fair bit of action in the transfer market over the summer?

Could be interesting.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does this mean we should see a fair bit of action in the transfer market over the summer?

Could be interesting.

It means that something would be profoundly wrong if there's not a fair bit of transfer activity over the summer. Even more so, given Bloom's repeated insistence in his interview that he doesn't like the January transfer window.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A bit of me died when i heard bruno was on the retained list. Interesting a defender who CANNOT defend.

hope new manager sees sense and rips up the offer. I nearly gave up my sth i feel that strongly about it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It means that something would be profoundly wrong if there's not a fair bit of transfer activity over the summer. Even more so, given Bloom's repeated insistence in his interview that he doesn't like the January transfer window.

Potentially an exciting summer then. I am starting to feel hopeful one more. Providing we get the right manager in, and soon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Disappointed for Hoskins but not really surprised. It may be that the club invites him back for pre-season, but as he's still living in a hotel with his young family in the midlands, I expect he'll find a L1 club closer to home.

He lives in Watford in a family home. Source? He told me himself at the player's dinner.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Poyet never stated he didn't have any say or whether his player targets were never pursued, he said we hit the ceiling. That indicates he wanted more money for players. Which manager doesn't? Added to this he done it whilst whoring his ego to all and sundry.

Garcia appears to be somewhat a different reason, lack of commitment/understanding on his part surrounding player activity sounds more likely.

Get a British manager in. Only one foreigner has managed a team to promotion to the Premiership in 10 years (30 promotions)

Bit of a stupid statistic,

How many British to foreign managers in those ten years for all teams in the league? Probably 95%. Assume Irish is the foreigner?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A bit of me died when i heard bruno was on the retained list. Interesting a defender who CANNOT defend.

hope new manager sees sense and rips up the offer. I nearly gave up my sth i feel that strongly about it.

Can't disagree

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The one that surprises me is Bruno. Calde I'm not surprised at, and Upson I imagine is down to whether he think he can physically do another year.

I would have guessed they'd keep one of either Brezovan or Ankegren to be number 2, get a new number 1 in, and then use Walton as 3rd keeper.

I think Marek Stech of Yeovil will be brought in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bit of a stupid statistic,

How many British to foreign managers in those ten years for all teams in the league? Probably 95%. Assume Irish is the foreigner?

Approximately 1 in 5 are foreign. Therefore statically there should have been 6 teams promoted.

Moreover the point I was making was the type of football played is that of the premiership 20 years ago. Much more akin to 'British' style.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Approximately 1 in 5 are foreign. Therefore statically there should have been 6 teams promoted.

Moreover the point I was making was the type of football played is that of the premiership 20 years ago. Much more akin to 'British' style.

No way 1 in 5 foreign over last 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here