Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Tony Millard........

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
And you must have been, what, 12 at the time?

Going to be very careful what i say here, suffice to say that since i was 14 i have not liked him one bit

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Was it Millard on the mic when one of the London sides decided to have fun on the pitch at the Goldstone and the PA announcer pleaded for the police who were outside the ground to come inside and sort it out?

I think the club got a ticking off from Mr Plod for that.

Now does anybody have any great stories of our Tone and his cricketing exploits?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does he still wear that brown sheepskin jacket?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Was it Millard on the mic when one of the London sides decided to have fun on the pitch at the Goldstone and the PA announcer pleaded for the police who were outside the ground to come inside and sort it out?

I think the club got a ticking off from Mr Plod for that.

Now does anybody have any great stories of our Tone and his cricketing exploits?

Ade you've just reminded me, back in 1995 when it was all kicking off I phoned Tone on his mobile one Sunday afternoon.

He was speaking very quietly, unusual for Tony, and I asked him why, he replied he was umpiring a cricket match at which an enormous shout of 'Howisheeeeee' went up and Tone replied 'not out' and then they all started monaing in the background, he then said 'I'm going to have to go now'.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
:bowdown:Turns 75 this year.

My top Millard Moment was at the York City game in 1996, with a near riot taking place and the goals already ripped down 'our Tone' comes out with an Albion PA golden moment.
"While we've got this break in the play, can I remind you its Steve Foster's testimonial this Tuesday, when the Albion take on Sheffield Wednesday, 7.45 kick off, hope to see you all back here."

With no disrespect to the likes of Richard Lindfield, Steve Rooke or John Henty the man is the guvnor...........

Dont think that 'Sir' will ever come his way....just 'Sir, would you accompamy me to the poli................'

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
My favourite Millard moment harks back to the 'hurricane' in October 1987. When I woke that morning the power was off but my battery-powered transistor still received Southern Sound (as it was then called). Millard was sent out as a roving reporter and used all of his best football cliches and superlatives to describe 'trees down all along New Church Road' and other sensational sites with a tone of voice normally used when an attacker is bearing down on goal rather than after a natural disaster.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A horrible disgusting man. Maybe history but some have long memories.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Bent as a nine bob note, got locked up for it when it was criminal. Certainly a made a few bob from following the Albion on the seagulls line 8049 thats the number to ring for my new mercedes

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Something involving young rent boys and a flat in Hove I seem to remember. KNC's an expert on this as he shouts 'BEAST' v loudly anytime Millards name is mentioned in his presence. I'll never forget interviewing him for Build a Bonfire in his flat overlooking Sussex Cricket Ground with him wearing a small pair of green towelling shorts. Not sure I've ever quite recovered...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here