Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Tony Millard........

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
After-match interview with Danny Cullip

Millard: Interesting goal you scored there, Danny...
Cullip: Yeah, well. A bit flukey, but to be honest, it doesn't matter how they go in - as you should know, Tony.

that vignette is enough to elevate cullip from legend to deity in my estimation.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
'You've called the Seagull Line on (whatever the number was), that's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day'.

It was almost as much a soundtrack to your youth as The Jam.

spot on - I had forgotten about the Seagull line

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I for one, cant believe Harty has not heard about his reputation over the last 30/35 years, yet refers to him as 'Sir' like he's some living legend, i know of a few here in Mid Sussex that would string him up as soon as look at him.
Great voice & face for radio, but i wouldnt let me kids within a mile of him.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I for one, cant believe Harty has not heard about his reputation over the last 30/35 years, yet refers to him as 'Sir' like he's some living legend, i know of a few here in Mid Sussex that would string him up as soon as look at him.
Great voice & face for radio, but i wouldnt let me kids within a mile of him.

Was it Adam Ant or Jesus Christ who said 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' ?

Whatever Tony allegedly did he was punished for, all I know that he is a quality broadcaster, a legendary raconteur and great entertainment.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Whatever Tony allegedly did he was punished for, all I know that he is a quality broadcaster, a legendary raconteur and great entertainment.

There is no 'allegedly' about it if he was punished.

Also, for the last bit, read Gary Glitter.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The Albion Supporters Club XI played against Southern Counties Radio (or whatever it was called in those days) in 1985. Millard was playing for SCR, I pushed the ball past him, ran onto it, and his response was to rip my shorts off.

Legend!

My mate was working for Southern Sound about then. I played several games for the "Southern Sound Allstars" as a ringer and Tone was always picked because he was able to "obtain" an Albion strip for us to play in. I remember pulling on the No 7 Phoenix Brewery and B-Cal shirts to turn out for the allstars on many occasions. We had other ringers too, Chris Catlin was a regular, along with Danny Wilson and Kerian O'Reagan. Great dressing room banter .....

Happy days ...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gross indecency they called it.

Whats that ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Pringles anyone?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was it Adam Ant or Jesus Christ who said 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' ?

I can't believe you've written that and you have kids!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In addition to the usual rumour, I once heard he paid some people to "knock him about a bit", but they got a bit carried away and kicked the f*** out of him and trashed his flat. Don't know if there is any truth in it at all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apparently he liked hanging around the toilets by the railway bridge in Sackville Road - must of had a weak bladder :nono:

and when he went to the Theatre Royal - anyone remember the public loos along New Road?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Who is KNC?

Yeah, who is KNC?

I may be wrong here, but at the Goldstone one time, the players were giving presents to the disabled in the corner. I'm sure Millard said, 'And a big round of applause for the CRIPPLES in the corner'. This may be an Albion urban myth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here