Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Tony Millard........

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
:bowdown:Turns 75 this year.

My top Millard Moment was at the York City game in 1996, with a near riot taking place and the goals already ripped down 'our Tone' comes out with an Albion PA golden moment.
"While we've got this break in the play, can I remind you its Steve Foster's testimonial this Tuesday, when the Albion take on Sheffield Wednesday, 7.45 kick off, hope to see you all back here."

With no disrespect to the likes of Richard Lindfield, Steve Rooke or John Henty the man is the guvnor...........

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'You've called the Seagull Line on (whatever the number was), that's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day'.

It was almost as much a soundtrack to your youth as The Jam.

'You've called the Seagull Line on (whatever the number was), that's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day'.

....on Brighton 8049 (no expensive 0870 numbers in them days).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
....on Brighton 8049 (no expensive 0870 numbers in them days).

I remember calling it once before a game, then not putting the phone down properly. Later got a HUGE bill, thankfully BT accepted my point that no-one would listen to a recorded message 100+ times and refunded the charge!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You just don't know about some people though do you

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion Supporters Club XI played against Southern Counties Radio (or whatever it was called in those days) in 1985. Millard was playing for SCR, I pushed the ball past him, ran onto it, and his response was to rip my shorts off.

Legend!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The Albion Supporters Club XI played against Southern Counties Radio (or whatever it was called in those days) in 1985. Millard was playing for SCR, I pushed the ball past him, ran onto it, and his response was to rip my shorts off.

Legend!

And you must have been, what, 12 at the time?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Legend!

And don't tell me Liz and Sarah ran on to give you CPR:lolol:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
clingnig onto his hairpiece with his free hand one halftime, mic in the other, at a very windy goldstone...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
0898 800 609 the Brighton Line......I must have spent thousands listening to this:lol:

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember being a bit pissed up and saying that to Tone at the Cup Final 25th anniversary dinner. He then went into some monologue that accompanied that salutation. I got bored and went and bothered Harty at the bar after a while.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I LOVE listening to the speedway when Millard's commentating as it takes me right back to the old '8049 the Seagull line' days. An Albion legend - no need to say any more than that is there?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
My favourite Millard moment was during the early eighties at the Goldstone, Andy Ritchie missed an open goal, and Tone had inadvertently left the microphone on, and Millard blurted out 'pull your bloody finger out Richie' across the PA

Oh, and Tone also commented through a minutes silence at Canvey Island

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
:bowdown:Turns 75 this year.

My top Millard Moment was at the York City game in 1996, with a near riot taking place and the goals already ripped down 'our Tone' comes out with an Albion PA golden moment.
"While we've got this break in the play, can I remind you its Steve Foster's testimonial this Tuesday, when the Albion take on Sheffield Wednesday, 7.45 kick off, hope to see you all back here."

With no disrespect to the likes of Richard Lindfield, Steve Rooke or John Henty the man is the guvnor...........

:laugh:

Pure comedy gold..... A Magic Millard Moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here