Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pritti Patel, just one example, has been confronted by a Holocaust survivor. She wasn’t offended by the comparison but by Patel’s words and actions.
Lord Alf Dubs, who was rescued by the Kinder Transport, stood up for Gary Lineker, when he said the government actions were similar to 1930s Germany.

I tend to agree with Lineker on a lot, but he was incorrect in saying that, is the Government rounding up LGBT/Religious groups and murdering them?

Could you could point me in the direction of a concentration camp the Tories have put up?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pritti Patel, just one example, has been confronted by a Holocaust survivor. She wasn’t offended by the comparison but by Patel’s words and actions.
Lord Alf Dubs, who was rescued by the Kinder Transport, stood up for Gary Lineker, when he said the government actions were similar to 1930s Germany.

The Nazis and their henchmen literally murdered people from day one in 1920. Based on race, or left wingers.

This widespread silly thing in 2023 of labelling opponents an equal of the worst people in history, detracts from balanced debate. How did it get to this …. I suspect social media stirring and the chatterati seem to have to be 100 out of 100 angry about anyone they remotely disagree about. No nuance, degrees, weighing up against history of other regimes just now.

Patel, Cleverly, etc will be tomorrow’s chip paper come Jan 25, thrown out by a democracy. Hopefully ending a very brief period for this country where the loons had some power.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I tend to agree with Lineker on a lot, but he was incorrect in saying that, is the Government rounding up LGBT/Religious groups and murdering them?

Could you could point me in the direction of a concentration camp the Tories have put up?
Bibby Stockholm. Two to a room. A man shouts for medical help and is told to shut up. He hung himself. The conditions in some of the barracks are appalling. Jenrick ordered children’s rooms couldn’t have cartoons painted on the walls because it was too welcoming.
i get weekly updates from the Refugee Council, and Care4Calais. My friend, a nurse, used her annual leave to help the latter, so there was some medical care.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Nazis and their henchmen literally murdered people from day one in 1920. Based on race, or left wingers.

This widespread silly thing in 2023 of labelling opponents an equal of the worst people in history, detracts from balanced debate. How did it get to this …. I suspect social media stirring and the chatterati seem to have to be 100 out of 100 angry about anyone they remotely disagree about. No nuance, degrees, weighing up against history of other regimes just now.

Patel, Cleverly, etc will be tomorrow’s chip paper come Jan 25, thrown out by a democracy. Hopefully ending a very brief period for this country where the loons had some power.
Patel/Suella are not nice people, for sure.

The right labelling the left with equally ridiculous names has to stop as well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bibby Stockholm. Two to a room. A man shouts for medical help and is told to shut up. He hung himself. The conditions in some of the barracks are appalling. Jenrick ordered children’s rooms couldn’t have cartoons painted on the walls because it was too welcoming.
i get weekly updates from the Refugee Council, and Care4Calais. My friend, a nurse, used her annual leave to help the latter, so there was some medical care.

Right so, no.

The Government isn't rounding up and murdering people based on race/sexual orientation etc

Claiming 2 in a shared room is the equivalent to a death camp is laughable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did he win? No. Did Corbyn win? No. Why didn’t they win? Because the public didn’t like them. Will Starmer win? Yes. Because the public likes him - and Labour supporters strangely don’t. As if they are desperate to stay in opposition and wait for their leftist utopia.

The irony is all Labour have had to do for the last two elections was put up someone not actively off-putting to moderate centrists. They failed to do this and learnt nothing by going for Corbyn following Union-installed Miliband.
Not me, pal.

You are confusing labour supporters with some labour members. Most tory members want Johnson back. Most labour members (that I know) are happy with Starmer. They don't want Corbyn back. All people likely to vote Labour (the millions, not a few hundred activists) like Starmer. The hard left is as relevant to the direction of the country as the blue rinse tory 'rank and file' who still love Johnson. f*** 'em.

You are not keeping up :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not me, pal.

You are confusing labour supporters with some labour members. Most tory members want Johnson back. Most labour members (that I know) are happy with Starmer. They don't want Corbyn back. All people likely to vote Labour (the millions, not a few hundred activists) like Starmer. The hard left is as relevant to the direction of the country as the blue rinse tory 'rank and file' who still love Johnson. f*** 'em.

You are not keeping up :shrug:

The job Starmer done excluding the nutters in his party has been brilliant, let them show themselves up then boot them out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right so, no.

The Government isn't rounding up and murdering people based on race/sexual orientation etc

Claiming 2 in a shared room is the equivalent to a death camp is laughable.
Due to the Supreme Court using British law and ECHR human rights the camps in Rwanda are stalled. They weren’t going to be processing camps, despite what was said. Even Johnson admitted it, in a rare moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 53

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The job Starmer done excluding the nutters in his party has been brilliant, let them show themselves up then boot them out.
Yep. Wrong-Bailey being a classic. Leave her alone for a bit and, lo, she will retweet an anti-Semitic trope. Bosh! Ta ra, cyber twat.

1703894158645.png

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Due to the Supreme Court using British law and ECHR human rights the camps in Rwanda are stalled. They weren’t going to be processing camps, despite what was said. Even Johnson admitted it, in a rare moment.

Where as other nations just ignore the ECHR, if they were that way inclined the UK government could have just ignored them as well.

It's a batshit crazy idea that won't see the light of day.

Thankfully we can vote them out.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'll pop my tin helmet on first, but your final sentence sums up my thoughts about many NSC posters. Quite irrationally, they make me want to vote Tory just to spite them, a comment which will doubtless provoke a torrent of bile in my direction.
you've always voted tory :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

a lot of people voted for these loons, how do you account for that and more importantly, how can it be prevented from ever happening again?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ll say it again, if Naziism is a true threat to the UK right now, what are you doing about it, because it’s a brutal threat to our and our children’s survival?
What is she doing about it? I’ll tell you what she’s doing about it, she’s giving up her valuable time almost every day re posting Twitter shyte on a football fans forum for starters…. 😉

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

That isnt what he said. The language always comes before the actions. I very much doubt that most of the current tory MPs would want to go that far, but it doesnt stop the language being very similar to that of the early 30s. And that was the point he made. Once the language is normalised then it allows extremists to take a foothold

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
you've always voted tory :shrug:
Never hidden it. Never had a good reason to change or consider change till now and Labour has never resonated with me, my life, my work etc. Nor have Labour politicians. Not going to apologise for it. But a struggling Tory government gives Labour it's chance. It's up to them to present themselves as an attractive alternative, not just 'not the Tories'. Like many previous Tory voters considering their options, I'm not going to be a turkey voting for Christmas. Unfortunately, anyone suggesting a natural disposition to voting Tory on NSC usually gets battered, so they keep their heads down.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never hidden it. Never had a good reason to change or consider change till now and Labour has never resonated with me, my life, my work etc. Nor have Labour politicians. Not going to apologise for it. But a struggling Tory government gives Labour it's chance. It's up to them to present themselves as an attractive alternative, not just 'not the Tories'. Like many previous Tory voters considering their options, I'm not going to be a turkey voting for Christmas. Unfortunately, anyone suggesting a natural disposition to voting Tory on NSC usually gets battered, so they keep their heads down.
Stop having a victim mentality. Nobody gets battered. You’ll get robust debates but not attacked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What this thread has taught me is a fair percentage of contributors have no idea what Naziism actually was apart from ‘a state did some bad things’. Read. Sigh.
A state? Fascism wasn’t in just one country, and still isn’t, It hasn’t gone away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here