Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Jimmy Saville - RIP

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And he did a shit load for charity too, all them marathons and stuff... all round good bloke when those of us that were kids remember him.

Stoke Mandeville... raised millions for them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I loved his shows as much as the next man as a kid - Jim'll Fix it was unmissable in its day - but what a deeply strange individual he was. If even half the very dark rumours about him are true we could be in for some very interesting revelations in the next few weeks.

He was supposed to have something of a gangster past.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sad news. Got lovely memory of the man. I'd just joined the BBC in 1977 and had wangled my way, pissed as a fart, into the Top Of The Pops studio for the Christmas show. It was wall-to-wall *cough* clunge, and very few blokes, and at one point Sir Jimmy asked for some 'gentlemen in the audience' to join him on the podium to introduce something or other. So three of us went up. So my granny in Glasgow got to see me on the telly about a month before she died. RIP granny. And RIP Sir Jimmy :bowdown:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sad news. Got lovely memory of the man. I'd just joined the BBC in 1977 and had wangled my way, pissed as a fart, into the Top Of The Pops studio for the Christmas show. It was wall-to-wall *cough* clunge, and very few blokes, and at one point Sir Jimmy asked for some 'gentlemen in the audience' to join him on the podium to introduce something or other. So three of us went up. So my granny in Glasgow got to see me on the telly about a month before she died. RIP granny. And RIP Sir Jimmy :bowdown:

'Owsabout that then?! Marvelous tobacco truncheon-type scenes. :wink:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
strange man, Louis theroux's program about him was a bit of an eye opener , living in a high rise flat ???

yeah,not how i imagined him to be,it was like 2 men having a game of intellectual tennis and jimmy saville clearly won,i liked him

Fur Cough

To be sat in his big red chair, drawers a plenty dispensing cigars from one and a drink from another, the "Jim fixed it ro Me" medal came out of yet another,. My god what entertainment that was.

to run the marathon at 70 years old for charity, how the hell did he do that, not once but many times?

A great man, a great fundraiser.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If even half the very dark rumours about him are true we could be in for some very interesting revelations in the next few weeks.
That's what troubles me, about JS.
I hope there unfounded but time will tell.

Fur Cough

That's what troubles me, about JS.
I hope there unfounded but time will tell.

Does it REALLY trouble you?

Will you have sleepless nights thinking about SIR Jimmy and his alleged expolits? Or are you just posting for the sake of it on a thraed trying to express a touch of humility for a man who achieved more than your average human.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does it REALLY trouble you?

Will you have sleepless nights thinking about SIR Jimmy and his alleged expolits? Or are you just posting for the sake of it on a thraed trying to express a touch of humility for a man who achieved more than your average human.
JS has troubled me for sometime.

I was merely commenting on M of H's post, so I suggest you take this up with him.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Now then. Now then.

jimmy-saville.jpg

:down:

And He never came out of the "Closet" RIP SIR ???

Fur Cough

JS has troubled me for sometime.

I was merely commenting on M of H's post, so I suggest you take this up with him.

WHY has it troubled you, for what reason are you in the slightest bothered about celebrity?

M of H post was his opinion and you couldn't wait to agree, When you've run a marathon or 6 at an advancing age for good causes please feel free to continue with your concerns that "trouble" you.

Okay, I'll raise my head above the parapet. I met him once and he freaked me out like no-one has ever done before. I would never have let him near the pets let alone the kids. I have always wondered about the motives behind his charity work. I suspect self-aggrandisement and he was well-known as a serial fantasist.

Fur Cough

Okay, I'll raise my head above the parapet. I met him once and he freaked me out like no-one has ever done before. I would never have let him near the pets let alone the kids. I have always wondered about the motives behind his charity work. I suspect self-aggrandisement and he was well-known as a serial fantasist.

Thank you Noodles for bringing a thread about a Human being who passed away today, that's today by the way, into a "why he was a bad person".

Respect to you.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

What do you mean by motives?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here