Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simpsons/futurama/familyguy/kingofthehill?

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
personally i think king of the hill is very good.
no it may not be laugh out loud funny all the time like cartoons like family guy/south park are suppose to be.
but for the progressive storylines and the occasional very funny moments and one liners (mainly down to dale gribble) its one of my fav cartoons.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Family Guy is my favourite of those.

Its not really an adult cartoon, but try and find 'The Big Knights' DVD. It was produced by the BBC but never aired in Britain (they did show it in Australia). Very, very funny......and Brian Blessed is one of the knights....DDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
Why can't we in Britain do anything like those six or so shows? AFAIK the nearest we had was a short-lived thing called Wreckless Eric or something in the late 1990s about a bloke with a throbbing vein in his head and a rude au pair. That's about all I can remember.

Stressed Eric.. ran for two seasons around 1999-2000. It wasn't bad for late-night TV, it was normally followed by Ren and Stimpy.

It was exported to the US - after being re-voiced by Hank Azaria.. which was probably a whole world of surreal. :)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
American Dad - Futurama - The Simpsons - Family Guy = South Park - Cleveland Show - King of the Hill

Family Guy and South Park have both gone downhill recently. Cleveland Show was never brilliant. The Simpsons is one of the best shows, But American Dad for it's un-pcness and Futurama for it's geek humour do it for me.

This.

Family Guy is laugh out loud funny at some gags but there isn't really much to come away from. American Dad has such a witty view on american life - much like the simpsons witty take on the modern family.

I love futurama

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Futurama- south park - the simpsons - king of the hill

family guy is the worst cartoon of the lot same rubbish jokes, stupid plots

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Family Guy - South Park - American Dad

In that order

Ditto.
I do think the both Family Guy & South Park have gone downhill very quickly in the last 18 months however can understand with Matt & Trey's 'Book of Mormon' show and also Seth's American Dad, Cleveland Show, Ted (new movie) & plotting the new Flintstones episodes.
However I do think American Dad has gotten a lot better!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Big fan of all of this stuff, for different reasons. Overall my favourite is probably South Park, which was in a league of its own for a few series. My favourite individual episode of one of these is probably King of the Hill S11E11- where Bill starts working out to pass a work medical.

[MENTION=15772]arkan[/MENTION]- Monkey Dust was superb, I have the first series on DVD somewhere. Quite unsettling though!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Cartoons are bollocks like your friend says, everything is bollocks really, i would like to see an english, real english version of this shite come out, come on you fucookin animators amognst us, we can can do better than that american shite

It wasn't animated but I quite enjoyed the puppet show mongrels on b.b.c three. Typical the show has been cancelled now.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I enjoy Family Guy and American Dad, but The Cleveland Show was f***ing dire.

The Simpsons has been a bit meh over recent years, since the film came out thinking about it.

South Park has touches of subtle humour, but for me theres too much nastiness about it. But the Butters "Kissing Company" episodes was one of the funniest things I've seen for ages!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Simpsons and Family Guy used to be brilliant but have really lost their edge in the last few years.
American Dad and Futurama are alright- fairly amusing in places.
King of the Hill is and always has been dire.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Simpsons and Family Guy used to be brilliant but have really lost their edge in the last few years.
American Dad and Futurama are alright- fairly amusing in places.

I agree with both these points. The more recent seasons of the Simpsons in particular have just lacked originality, and I've found the story-lines confusing and dull at times. I'm not sure if this is because I'm older now, but it's a shame to think that they might have lost their edge in the last few years.

Futurama was never as good as the Simpsons - it's almost as if Matt Groening thought up a few plots as kind of an after-thought, when he's not busy with the Simpsons. Still good for a chuckle every now and then.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Futurama is the best. FACT.

Has anybody watched Adventure Time? Supposed to be for kids, but f*ck me, I want some of what they producers were smoking.

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Anyone remember Monkey Dust on bbc2?
That was very dark and hilarious

Glad someone else remembers this, absolutely brilliant television. Can't post links but I urge you to search youtube for 'roy of the roasters' for a short example of how good monkey dust is.
Used to be a big family guy fan, but I think its gone down hill a bit lately, south park is still incredibly funny, new series just started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here