Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan - Unbelievable Stuff!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rich Suvner said:
:clap:

don't know why people on this board are suddenly siding with dowie. he strikes me as being a class a knob who's head is firmly up his own arse

You say that but I thought that Jordon wanted him out, its the impression I got. Face it after his preseason pronouncement of an instant return to the Premiership I would imagine a whole lot of decent managers would steer well clear of Palace thanks to the fact that they have an idiot for a Chairman.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Why is he an idiot?! Because he has been conned out of a million quid and rightly wants it back? If someone frauded you out of a million bha what would you do pat the bloke on the head and say keep it?! Does it rain in your world or does the sun shine?! :glare:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Charlton mean f*** all to Palace fans like they mean f*** all to the rest of football, no one cares about them and it gets up their noses so they make up this rivalry shit. Rivals my arse :rolleyes:

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
bhaexpress said:
You say that but I thought that Jordon wanted him out, its the impression I got. Face it after his preseason pronouncement of an instant return to the Premiership I would imagine a whole lot of decent managers would steer well clear of Palace thanks to the fact that they have an idiot for a Chairman.

The first bit is almost certainly true. The last bit could be as well. Having said that, before Dowie took the Palace job he asked Steve Bruce for his opinion. Bruce actually recommended SJ as a decent guy to work with, despite their public bust up.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Talking about integrity, coming from a man who described football agents as being ".....nasty scum. They are evil and divisive and pointless. They only survive because the rest of the sport is so corrupt.” Yet holds a financial interest in John Smiths football agents company.

He is not a well chap. Fake tan poisoning for sure.

Oh, and Jordan :shutup:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Charlton mean f*** all to Palace fans like they mean f*** all to the rest of football, no one cares about them and it gets up their noses so they make up this rivalry shit. Rivals my arse :rolleyes:

100% right no give a shit about clowntown,jordan right to get the shits i'm sure knight would do the same if magee walked out;) but i hope it will not put the next boss off from joining.

Last edited:

5 past Kuipers said:
The first bit is almost certainly true. The last bit could be as well. Having said that, before Dowie took the Palace job he asked Steve Bruce for his opinion. Bruce actually recommended SJ as a decent guy to work with, despite their public bust up.

Of course Bruce would say that. The quicker Jordan got someone in the quicker he'd get off Bruce's back.

As for Dowie wanting to go north I thought he and his family had been based in and around St Albans for years.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
bhaexpress said:

what chairman isnt going to talk up his teams chances of success when theyve yo-yod to and from premiership and they get to playoffs again?!

dont really see what this reply has to do with my original comment anyhow. dont understand why suddenly dowie is whiter than white in eyes of many on this board

so what if jordan is palace chairman. his club have lost out on £1m compensation. altho i think jordan shouldve kept him under contract and played it by ear, seems to me dowie has done palace over. if cos of the club involved you think thats a good precedent to be setting in football then i think youre wrong. if you merely think its funny cos its happened to palace then i agree.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Of course Bruce would say that. The quicker Jordan got someone in the quicker he'd get off Bruce's back.

As for Dowie wanting to go north I thought he and his family had been based in and around St Albans for years.

Oh dear! Try again.

Steve Kember was Palace manager after Steve Bruce. Bruce had the Brum job for well over a year before Dowie took over at Palace.

Dowie's family have lived in Lancashire since he took the Oldham job.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Rich Suvner said:
what chairman isnt going to talk up his teams chances of success when theyve yo-yod to and from premiership and they get to playoffs again?!

dont really see what this reply has to do with my original comment anyhow. dont understand why suddenly dowie is whiter than white in eyes of many on this board

so what if jordan is palace chairman. his club have lost out on £1m compensation. altho i think jordan shouldve kept him under contract and played it by ear, seems to me dowie has done palace over. if cos of the club involved you think thats a good precedent to be setting in football then i think youre wrong. if you merely think its funny cos its happened to palace then i agree.

Oh f*** you have upset BHAE now you have forced him to tell you how he was born not far from Selhurst Park but thankfully his parents moved to Sussex when he was young saving him from the dreaded prospect of being a Palace fan :yawn: :D

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Rich Suvner said:
altho i think jordan shouldve kept him under contract and played it by ear, seems to me dowie has done palace over. if cos of the club involved you think thats a good precedent to be setting in football then i think youre wrong. if you merely think its funny cos its happened to palace then i agree.

Very well said. That's how a rivalry should be acted upon.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
sir danny cullip said:
They are real rivals, probably on a par with us and palace from what i've heard from my family that are charlton fans.

It was a one-way thing, Charlton hating Palace, but Palace hating us far more than Charlton.

But, the conspiracy theorist in me says that this is a clever ploy by the Charlton board to actually nurture a REAL rivalry between the clubs. It was once a one-way thing, but they're hoping that Palace fans will turn their hatred on Charlton instead.

Wonder whether it'll work...

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
It was a one-way thing, Charlton hating Palace, but Palace hating us far more than Charlton.

But, the conspiracy theorist in me says that this is a clever ploy by the Charlton board to actually nurture a REAL rivalry between the clubs. It was once a one-way thing, but they're hoping that Palace fans will turn their hatred on Charlton instead.

Charlton are like a kind old Aunt you cant feel too bad about them. They are no bother are they?

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
eastlondonseagull said:

Interesting theory - especially with you and Millwall dropping down a division.

It'll never happen though.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
This is Charltons cheap way of trying to get a rival. You`ve got to laugh at them really. I can just see all the stupid clowns jumping up and down because they think they`ve got one over Palace and think it might upset us. WE DON`T CARE IF YOU`VE GOT DOWIE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 137

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
5 past Kuipers said:
It'll never happen though.
That's so beautiful *sniff*. I'll always hate you lot too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here