Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan - Unbelievable Stuff!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Simon Jordan is EXACTLY the sort of front-bottom that enters my mind and bring me out in hives whenever there's been ill-considered gibberish about Dick Knight making way for someone with a few quid.

So, all men with money are like Jordan... don't be a :jester:

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Great radio quote from SJ -

"Dowie talks about challenges. He failed to keep us in the Prem, then failed to get us promoted. What sort of challenge exactly is he after?"

:lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
jonny.rainbow said:
"He told ME he wanted to go back to the north to be with his family."

Jordan's word against Dowie's.

Result: Misrepresentation claim will not be proven.

Conclusion: Jordan is merely seeking publicity for his mediocre football club.

You're working there on the assumption that Dowie will deny this was ever said or suggested though, potentially in court.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This story typifies one of the worst problems about football today - greed.

Obviously Jordan is a cock, but he has a point. Charlton have just got a decent manager on the cheap, and Dowie has clearly misled his chairman about his intentions.

And then there's Billy Davies. His job at Preston is in jeopardy after speaking with Charlton, and I dare say the fact that Charlton finding out Dowie would cost nothing, rather than £1 million, might have had something to do with them rejecting Davies for whom they were likely to have to pay Preston a hefty compo price.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I LOVE SIMON JORDAN, HE'S GOING TO MAKE PALACE A LAUGHING STOCK, NO DECENT MANAGER WILL WANT TO WORK FOR HIM& THE SCUM WILL HURTLE TO OBLIVION...EXCELLENT!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dowie and Steve Bruce are probably 2 of the most likeable, respected managers in football by fans and players alike. The fact that Jordan has fallen out with both of them is testament to just how much of a cock he is.

Bring on Souness, I can't wait.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pavilionaire said:
Dowie and Steve Bruce are probably 2 of the most likeable, respected managers in football by fans and players alike. The fact that Jordan has fallen out with both of them is testament to just how much of a cock he is.

Bring on Souness, I can't wait.

Don't forget he also sacked Steve Coppell - another highly respected manager.

Jordan really is a cock of the highest order.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I agree with AJLM on this.

SJ is making life hard for Palace as any Manager would be worried about taking the Managers post here at the moment with the way he is carrying on. Simon bite the bullet and get on with waht matters now and not the past.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
They are real rivals, probably on a par with us and palace from what i've heard from my family that are charlton fans.

Yeah I know they're thoughts. I went to Middlesborough vs Charlton and they were still singing their Amarillo - "We sent the palce down" etc. Do Palace really care though? Jordean hates 'em but its Brighton-Palace end of.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
ATFC Seagull said:
You're working there on the assumption that Dowie will deny this was ever said or suggested though, potentially in court.

He more or less did deny it on SSN when confonted with the claim by saying "People who know me...." Then trailing off.

I have no doubts he will deny it in court if necessary.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
jonny.rainbow said:
He more or less did deny it on SSN when confonted with the claim by saying "People who know me...." Then trailing off.

I have no doubts he will deny it in court if necessary.

He will deny it, certainly sounded that way from his interview. He already seemed to have his defence planned out as well saying his wife was present etc

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The best bit

Best bit from Simon Jordan on Sky today:

Presenter : "Do you think the next time you will speak to Dowie will be in the high court?"
Jordan: "Probably through a medium."

That's a death threat, ffs!

Bloke is a Grade A nut-nut. I have already made some tawdry merchandise to cash in on it all though. North Of Croydon T-shirts

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had an interesting conversation the other day. Somebody I met who is in touch with Ron Noades told me this. Remember he sold Palarse to Jordon's predecessor Mark Goldberg ?

Well Noades said that Goldberg had to be a complete idiot to buy the club without the freehold of Selhurst Park. He also reckons that the same applies to Jordon.

Says it all really.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hey, I don't mind swimming against the tide ... I think Jordan is entitled to be pissed off with Dowie.

Ignoring the obvious humour-value of it being Palace that have been screwed over, I think Dowie has been bang out of order IF what Jordan says about his reasons for leaving are true.

Contracts in football seem worthless enough anyway, which leaves no-one trusting each other in the game, and that can't be healthy. Jordan has been screwed over before with the whole Steve Bruse fiasco, so this time he tied his manager in with this £1m get-out clause. So Dowie gets them to waive it under the pretence that Dowie will be heading North, he has presumably bleated to Jordan about missing the family this that and the other, appealed to his better nature, and they agreed to part company.

For him to then turn up a few days later as Charlton's new manager shows it to be a blatant avoidance of the £1m compo that Palace were due.

Because it's Palace, it's quite amusing, but to be neitral about it, Dowie has acted improperly, and Jordan has a right to be seriously pissed off.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
sir danny cullip said:
Dowie does claim that his wife was presented as he discussed his future with Jordan so she can back up his version of the events.

and she's bound to present a balanced account of events :shootself

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Gritt23 said:
Because it's Palace, it's quite amusing, but to be neitral about it, Dowie has acted improperly, and Jordan has a right to be seriously pissed off.

:clap:

don't know why people on this board are suddenly siding with dowie. he strikes me as being a class a knob who's head is firmly up his own arse

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has moved to issue a writ against new Charlton Athletic boss Iain Dowie.

Jordan's lawyers moved to issue the papers in dramatic fashion at the press conference unveiling the former Eagles manager as Charlton's replacement for Alan Curbishley on Tuesday.

When leaving Palace, it had been suggested that Dowie was keen to head closer to his family in the North of England and his decision to remain in London has prompted Jordan to bring in his legal team.

"We served the writ on Iain because he does not tell the truth," Jordan told Sky Sports News from his holiday home in Marbella. "He fraudulently obtained a release from his contract under misrepresentation.

"I think it needs to be put in the public domain the level of deceit which has been used. My football club waived compensation because the man said he wanted to go back to the North.

"He specifically told me on the Friday before the Palace press conference that he would not be going to Charlton because of his relationship with Palace and the credibility he would lose by doing so.

"I released him from a £1 million compensation clause for him to do the very thing he said he was not going to do. There is a law in this country called misrepresentation and Iain has breached it and now he is going to understand the reality of what that means."

Jordan's representative burst into the press conference to unveil Dowie as Charlton's new manager and the Palace supremo was unrepentant over the course of events.

"If they had been a little politer at Charlton and let him in and not been so heavy handed, he might have been able to serve it in an orderly fashion," said Jordan. "But being Charlton and me being a big fan of them apparently, they did things in a certain way.

"For the last two-and-a-half years the media has had an inside track on our relationship and it had been reported as fractious. Now with due respect, if you are lied to and somebody is trying to leg you over by getting out of a contract to their own advantage and tells you bear-faced lies, and turns up at the very place he said he wasn't going to go, are you going to be worried about good feeling between yourselves?

"The reality of it is, is that Iain Dowie had a £1 million compensation clause in his contract. I insisted on it, I negotiated it with Mick McGuire. It took weeks to get it in because he did not want it put in, so there is no reason in God's green earth why I would have taken it out besides goodwill because Iain wanted to raise his family and because I am empathetic to the fact he was telling me he didn't see his kids and I will prove that.

"The reality of it is he attained a release from his contract by misrepresenting his position. The sole reason Iain Dowie was released from his contract was because he told me he wanted to go to the North. In return for that, ie. being an empathetic employer and understanding Iain, despite people's perception of me, I believed that he was going back to the North to be with his family.

"That was the only reason why I would waive the compensation clause in his contract and well he knows it."

Jordan is convinced he has a cast-iron case, as he added: "I would not issue a writ through my lawyers on a point of principle. I will issue a writ on a point of law because points of principle are expensive as Iain will find out."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here