Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan - Unbelievable Stuff!!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Jordan is Palace through and through and a lot of the things he says and does i tend to agree with but he has overstepped the line this time. He should be more concerned about getting a manager for our club than letting his ego run riot and start sueing former employees!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Wardywonderland said:
Jordan is one of the characters that make football the fun game it is.

i do agree with that. i think its great fun. did anyone see him on football focus a while back - he was sat with Mick McCarthy, and McCarthy made no secret of his dislike of the tango man.

the highlight was when the anchor asked jordan which strikers should be in the england squad and McCarthy jumped in saying that Jordan would probably take Clinton Morrisson!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
_40921028_simonjordan203.jpg

A man of integrity

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wardywonderland said:
Jordan is one of the characters that make football the fun game it is.
He is quite an entertaining clown but do bear in mind that, such is his clamour to become a professional football "personality" that he's receiving PR guidance from, I think, Max Clifford. It's all an act.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Is Jordan still hoping to get Souness?

I can't wait to see that pairing. Two of football's biggest goons in tandem - the recipe for perfect laughing stock.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Man of Harveys said:
He is quite an entertaining clown but do bear in mind that, such is his clamour to become a professional football "personality" that he's receiving PR guidance from, I think, Max Clifford. It's all an act.

Of course it is all an act, that is what makes it all the more funny.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Wozza said:
Yeah, but you don't know what was said behind the scenes.

More like off the record than behind the scenes as none of the other Palace board members commented on it.

Which of course makes it inadmissable.

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
jordan may be representing the best interests of our enemy palace but i think if dowie got out of contract on false pretence (claiming to go north) then jordan has every right to be pissed hes not getting £1m in compensation

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
but, perhaps jordan would've been cleverer to have kept dowie under contract, allowed him to talk to other clubs but only waived the compensation under the desirable circumstances (ie not charlton)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Palace job is now a poisoned chalice (misspelt pun intended :angry: ) which is excellent news. 1st Bruce and now Dowie getting abused by a frothing at the mouth nutter of a chairman. He may be a big fan but as a chairman he comes across as a right xxxx :clap2:

I would expect this repetitive toy throwing will put off any desirable manager from applying, just gonna be the ex managers who have been sacked, ex Palace or unknowns applying. Back to the bottom half of the table for Palace and hopefully a flirt with relegation again

:p

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
From BBC Sport...

Palace take action against Dowie

Crystal Palace have taken legal action against former boss Iain Dowie, who has been named as Charlton's new manager.
Palace chairman Simon Jordan confirmed the club has served Dowie with a writ for "fraudulent statements about his reasons for leaving the club".

Dowie left the Palace job he had held since 2003 on 22 May and Jordan said: "He told me he wanted to go back to the north to be with his family.

"My club waived compensation because he said he wanted to return to the north."

Dowie had a £1m compensation clause in his contract which meant if he left for another club they would have to pay Palace £1m.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It must be a toss-up between Jordan and Rupert Lowe as to who is the biggest wanker.

Poor old Doug Ellis - he used to be a shoo-in for worst Chairman but now, he's scarcely remembered.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simon Jordan is EXACTLY the sort of front-bottom that enters my mind and bring me out in hives whenever there's been ill-considered gibberish about Dick Knight making way for someone with a few quid.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
I know he’s a plank at times but you have to hand it to him – I’ve not seen it but I understand Dowie was lost for words. That is a first.

Of course, the main worry for us is that we don’t have a manager at present and all of this hardly helps us to recruit.

Bloody entertaining club I support though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
jonny.rainbow said:
More like off the record than behind the scenes as none of the other Palace board members commented on it.

Which of course makes it inadmissable.

Lawyers could have been present.

Who knows?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
"He told ME he wanted to go back to the north to be with his family."

Jordan's word against Dowie's.

Result: Misrepresentation claim will not be proven.

Conclusion: Jordan is merely seeking publicity for his mediocre football club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
5 past Kuipers said:
Bloody entertaining club I support though.
Just wait until Souness starts picking up Clinton Morrison by the lapels at the training ground for daring to open his mouth. I'd rather watch that than Palace games.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Man of Harveys said:
Simon Jordan is EXACTLY the sort of front-bottom that enters my mind and bring me out in hives whenever there's been ill-considered gibberish about Dick Knight making way for someone with a few quid.

Damn right. The last thing that we need is an ego maniac shouting his mouth. We need someone who puts the club first not spending half of his time embroiled in legal actions.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
JORDAN SUES DOWIE OVER PALACE EXIT
By PA Sport staff
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has issued a writ against former manager
Iain Dowie, accusing him of ``fraudulently'' obtaining a release from a
#1million compensation clause in his contract.
Dowie was appointed as Alan Curbishley's replacement at Charlton, prompting a
furious response from Jordan.
The Palace chief believes he had reassurances from the former Oldham boss only
wanted to leave the club to be closer to his family who still live in the north
west.
``If he's under the impression he can leg me over in the way he has done, then
he's sadly mistaken,'' Jordan told Sky Sports News.
A court representative tried to serve the writ on Dowie at today's press
conference confirming his appointment at The Valley but was prevented from doing
so.
Jordan added: ``My football club waived compensation because he wanted to go
back to the north.
``I released him from a #1million compensation clause because he said he
wasn't going to do what he's done.
``I'll prove it to the High Court. Iain Dowie had a #1million compensation
clause in his contract and there is no reason why I would take that out unless
it was as a gesture of goodwill.
``My repayment for that is for Iain to do exactly what he said he was not
going to do.''
Dowie, however, has publicly said he wanted to leave Selhurst Park for a ``new
challenge''.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bouncebackability !!

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be fair to Jordon he was screwed royally by Steve Bruce and there maybe an element of truth in his claims about Dowie.

On the other hand he is a total wanker :lolol: :lolol:

Joking aside though DK may not have much cash but at least he has dignity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here