Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Karbownik, Kozlowski, Caciedo, Scherpen also wouldn't have qualified for exemption.
The 19 year old Caicedo and the 17 year old Kozlowski wouldn't have qualified as U21s? OK then ...........................................

(Haven't checked the others).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What a goal.
Looks a real talent this one- was the best player on the pitch in the first half against us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s remember. This guy could be playing Champions League football very soon. With Tross, Mitoma, Sarmiento, Enciso ahead of him at the Albion, he has been given the chance to possibly leapfrog them all at a higher level. He is incredibly young though, this is the sort of player the likes of RB Saltzberg and Lille would be after. We’ve beaten them to the signing but have to accept that he needs some experience before we give him the stripes. Think how raw Bissouma was from Lille, Adringa wouldn’t even have played at that level if he’d come to us straight away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The 19 year old Caicedo and the 17 year old Kozlowski wouldn't have qualified as U21s? OK then ...........................................

(Haven't checked the others).

Yep. They wouldn't have qualified for an exemption to the new loan rules. Naylor details all this in the Athletic.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep. They wouldn't have qualified for an exemption to the new loan rules. Naylor details all this in the Athletic.

"The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, OR players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players."

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ns-chelsea-man-city-liverpool-players-1413714

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, OR players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players."

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ns-chelsea-man-city-liverpool-players-1413714
I really don't know what to say other than Naylor specifically lists the players who the cap applies to in his article - and the players mentioned are on the list.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I really don't know what to say other than Naylor specifically lists the players who the cap applies to in his article - and the players mentioned are on the list.

He's misunderstood the rules - every other link I've read (I couldn't find the actual rules published yet) state the rules do not apply to u21s OR club trained players, not just u21 club trained players.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's misunderstood the rules - every other link I've read (I couldn't find the actual rules published yet) state the rules do not apply to u21s OR club trained players, not just u21 club trained players.
Also confirmed on Talksport today - doesn't apply to U21s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here