Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So is it A-din-gra , A-ding-ra or some other pronounciation? I'd ask Warren Aspinall but he's lost his phone again.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So is it A-din-gra , A-ding-ra or some other pronounciation? I'd ask Warren Aspinall but he's lost his phone again.
Not just his surname. I assumed Simon was pronounced sime-un but when he was brought on as a substitute on saturday the stadium announcer used seem-on( like simon bolivar the south american revolutionary). Who knew ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not just his surname. I assumed Simon was pronounced sime-un but when he was brought on as a substitute on saturday the stadium announcer used seem-on( like simon bolivar the south american revolutionary). Who knew ?
Not me, but it's a good point. He's from the Ivory coast (or Cote d'Ivoire) where the official language is French.

So, assuming he pronounces his name in French, his name would be pronounced Seem-on A-deeng-rra. Happy to be corrected on this though. I'm just guessing.

He's a bloody good player, however his name is pronounced anyway.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Not me, but it's a good point. He's from the Ivory coast (or Cote d'Ivoire) where the official language is French.

So, assuming he pronounces his name in French, his name would be pronounced Seem-on A-deeng-rra. Happy to be corrected on this though. I'm just guessing.

He's a bloody good player, however his name is pronounced anyway.
Club should just put out videos (YouTube shorts? Tik Toks?) of each of the players saying their names. Then we could end the debate about the correct way to say it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought he did well on Saturday. Looked hungry to get in the box and a goal on his debut is not something to be snilffed at, no matter how you pronounce his name.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I once owned a Fiat 132 that used to belong to the golfer, Sam Torrance.

This has no relevance to anything, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.
It’s a good story… I once drank with an old queen who had sex with Bob Monkhouse and stole his car. It was in the Lennox in Worthing

Edit he didn’t steal the car from the Lennox..
I’m going to research this story some more in the morning

Edit he didn’t have sex with him in the Lennox either

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It’s a good story… I once drank with an old queen who had sex with Bob Monkhouse and stole his car. It was in the Lennox in Worthing

Edit he didn’t steal the car from the Lennox..
I’m going to research this story some more in the morning

Edit he didn’t have sex with him in the Lennox either
About those edits - how do you know he didn't
a) steal the car from the Lennox and
b) didn't have sex with Bob Monkhouse, either in the Lennox or elsewhere?

Is there anything you haven't told us?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
About those edits - how do you know he didn't
a) steal the car from the Lennox and
b) didn't have sex with Bob Monkhouse, either in the Lennox or elsewhere?

Is there anything you haven't told us?
I’ve told you all I know for the love of Jesus. I swear I don’t know anything else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here