Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That is a bit unfair on the guy don't you think? He looks much more agressive and skillfull. Also looks quicker off the mark. .

Funny Pork Pie Cms joke

Having said that, I am sure that someone could cobble together a montage that makes even CMS look good.

Another funny

I am really gutted about the injury to CMS, as we will not now be able to offload him this summer.

You've used up all your CLASSICS in one go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great signing. Suprised more people don't remember how highly rated he was at Gills...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why did Norwich want CMS? (if they really did?)

At least I have heard of him. Seems to know where the goal is. Right footer when he could use a left footer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS with a pretty good Championship goalscoring record with Norwich under his belt.

I think it's a cracking pick-up. Couldn't have realistically hoped for better as our "emergency" loan following CMS's injury and Barnes stupidity.

That is a bit unfair on the guy don't you think? He looks much more agressive and skillfull. Also looks quicker off the mark.

Having said that, I am sure that someone could cobble together a montage that makes even CMS look good.

I am really gutted about the injury to CMS, as we will not now be able to offload him this summer.

Cor it was lucky I gave some thought to a reply for a negative CMS comment, on the back of my post.
If only the lottery numbers could be so predictable.

I'm pretty sure CMS and now Jackson is the last thing any defence wants to see after an hour of Ulloa battering.
Fingers crossed it'll be like taking candy from a baby, wearing lead boots.

The problem IMHO comes from starting a game, where we don't play the 'big man up from', and more importantly we don't play the defence splitting ball through the middle, preferring to keep possession, as CMS found to his cost.

Oh and here's your montage, which certainly looks similar to Jackson's.:-

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
more importantly we don't play the defence splitting ball through the middle, preferring to keep possession, as CMS found to his cost.

Thing is - and I'm not "anti" CMS, I don't rate him massively and think we certainly overpaid, but I'm not one of these knobs who wait for him to do badly so they can gloat that they were right - the above would be a fair point IF CMS was a clinical finisher. But he really ISN'T, is he? When he gets gilt-edged chances, he fluffs them up more often than not.

I think Barnes is certainly more clinical when in an "easy" goalscoring opportunity, and he's not particularly clinical either.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Funny Pork Pie Cms joke

Another funny

You've used up all your CLASSICS in one go.

Really? I cannot see anything funny about a Club of our size spunking so much money on someone who is not up to the job. Can you?

I have not even mentioned his lack of positional sense or poor first touch yet either... ... ...

Mind you, I guess you are taken with his nice smiles, lovely hair and the fact he waves to the fans a lot? :eek:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Cor it was lucky I gave some thought to a reply for a negative CMS comment, on the back of my post.
If only the lottery numbers could be so predictable.

I'm pretty sure CMS and now Jackson is the last thing any defence wants to see after an hour of Ulloa battering.
Fingers crossed it'll be like taking candy from a baby, wearing lead boots.

The problem IMHO comes from starting a game, where we don't play the 'big man up from', and more importantly we don't play the defence splitting ball through the middle, preferring to keep possession, as CMS found to his cost.

Oh and here's your montage, which certainly looks similar to Jackson's.:-

Sorry I tried to watch the montage, but simply cannot stand to look at so much poor defending and apauling penalties. Why did Gus let him take some for us? Surely never saw that first!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thing is - and I'm not "anti" CMS, I don't rate him massively and think we certainly overpaid, but I'm not one of these knobs who wait for him to do badly so they can gloat that they were right - the above would be a fair point IF CMS was a clinical finisher. But he really ISN'T, is he? When he gets gilt-edged chances, he fluffs them up more often than not.

I think Barnes is certainly more clinical when in an "easy" goalscoring opportunity, and he's not particularly clinical either.

on a level you are clearly right, the statistics prove that.
But I will counter by saying we asked CMS to come here, score goals but without his main weapon.
That being the quick ball splitting the centre backs, using his pace to create the chance.
Which judging by the Gillingham video that is very much Jackson's forte, too.

The way Ulloa has made the 'home' team his own, I would have thought someone in a similar vein would be better.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
But I will counter by saying we asked CMS to come here, score goals but without his main weapon.
That being the quick ball splitting the centre backs, using his pace to create the chance.

The way Ulloa has made the 'home' team his own, I would have thought someone in a similar vein would be better.
hes quick and gives us a different option and i think hes a good player when he signs

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Perhapse we are going to sign more than one on loan? Even with Jackson we would be down to two first team strikers, and there is no chance of getting injury cover after Tomorrow night.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But that's my point - although it's been rare, when we have employed the "quick ball" and CMS has found himself one on one, he hasn't tucked them away enough. And that's why the argument that we don't play to suit him (and why the f*** should we?!) is appropriate, because when we DO play to suit him, it still hasn't worked out enough times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And that's why the argument that we don't play to suit him (and why the f*** should we?!)
We are bordering on the usual CMS chicken and egg argument (were the misses because they were few are far between and nobody has a 50%+ goals/shots ratio, or because of CMS' lack of ability stopped the team playing him in). It's all academic now and TBH I'm looking forward to the season close without it.

But in answer to the quoted point, why wouldn't you play to the obvious strengths of a player that has just set you back, just shy of £3m.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We are bordering on the usual CMS chicken and egg argument (were the misses because they were few are far between and nobody has a 50%+ goals/shots ratio, or because of CMS' lack of ability stopped the team playing him in). It's all academic now and TBH I'm looking forward to the season close without it.

But in answer to the quoted point, why wouldn't you play to the obvious strengths of a player that has just set you back, just shy of £3m.

So we should ignore the strengths of the other 25-odd players in the squad, most of whom are adept at slow, patient, intelligent, composed passing football - and a fair few of whom have been competent at it at Championship level and higher, all to suit ONE player who enjoys old fashioned blood and thunder kick and rush, and is good at it at League One level?

It's bizarre that Gus signed him. Bizarre.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not entirely convinced we are only signing one striker.

Maybe Jackson has already signed, they loved the evening announcements last summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we should ignore the strengths of the other 25-odd players in the squad, most of whom are adept at slow, patient, passing football, to suit one bloke who enjoys old fashioned blood and thunder kick and rush?

It's bizarre that Gus signed him. Bizarre.
Seeing Ulloa does strengthen the talk that Gus never really wanted CMS, as strange as it may seem.

It'll be interesting to see how Jackson fairs in a team with 2 holding midfielders, a holding defensive left winger, an out of sorts right winger, and one of 2 quality players not yet up to speed with the team, the league and their own fitness.

If he bangs a few in then, CMS won't have a leg to stand on, so to speak!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Jackson is a fantastic signing for us at this stage of the season. Will be hungry to impress as well with his contract up in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here