Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] silly names ...?

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I'm pretty sure there was someone in the 80's who worked at Amex called Mr Whippy when I was there.

Plus I have known two Michael Hunts in my time. One who was at Kings Manor School , Shoreham in the early 80's and another who ran the Henfield Tavern mid 90's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seymour Butts

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
whilst back packing i have met a Donald Rutz , Carmen Sandwich and a Phillip Meakins and a guy called James Durkin from Canada who kept the whole dorm awake in Taiwan , masturbating till the sun came up ........****ing weirdo.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Geoff ****. Safety Engineer at Intel D1D Fab in Hillsboro Oregan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Thant’s Geoff W@nk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, he has a family member who flings himself into the air on skis:

hqdefault.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Incontinentia Buttocks

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No word of a lie, I grew up in hurstpierpoint and my Nan and grandad lived in albourne
There was a farmer named George Hole in albourne, my Nan knew his wife who she attended the local women’s institute with.
I have 3 older brothers so can you imagine us 4 boys in our early teens sitting round the Christmas table
While my Nan spoke of the wonderful marmalade that her friend had made, she often said both names when mentioning people so we suppressed our laughter and kicked each other under the table whilst being scowled at by our parents while my dear old innocent nan spoke of her friend........Fanny......

.......Hole

Mentioned here...
http://walks.walkingworld.com/walk/Albourne-Village-and-Blackstone-Circular.aspx

There are many Holes in Mid Sussex and they embrace the name with gusto.

There is (was?) a cycle shop in Burgess Hill - A Hole & son (it's Antony on the sign, but you get the gist...).

There was a Roger Hole until he passed away a couple of years ago (grandson of Fanny I think unless she was his great aunt). He called his dog Digger and his daughter's middle name is Heidi. There are more that I can't remember too.

Fair play for owning it!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I'm pretty sure there was someone in the 80's who worked at Amex called Mr Whippy when I was there.

Plus I have known two Michael Hunts in my time. One who was at Kings Manor School , Shoreham in the early 80's and another who ran the Henfield Tavern mid 90's.

I knew the kings manor Micheal Hunt however it was earlier than the 80’s as he was in my year we left school in Jun 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Eileen Daley .....proper piss head , my first boss at beachams.

I was once phoned to go to a nursing home to do a funeral plan for an Arthur Daley, once I'd established it was legit, in conversation with Mr Daley I discovered he was a former Primary School Headmaster from Liverpool, who once taught a pupil named Richard Starkey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here