Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign here to support Big Ron

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's an idiot. The first rule of TV is to watch your tongue. There are microphones everywhere. You can so easily think your on your own and call the boss a :censored: only to find out he heard every word.

I've always liked him but he's made a mistake and will ahve to live with it. Maybe he'll return to football managment now. :jester:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
From what I read he has "previous" in this area. From my personal knowledge of the guy, he is an arrogant ba$tard, so no sympathy from me, I'm afraid.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Nah! I hate racism of all kinds, I dont care what he said and I dont care if he is sorry and gets down on his knees in forgivness (if he still can). Bastards like that should NOT be allowed on tv!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i just wish the racism thing could just move on from stupid language issues. If he had said "lazy f***ing Frechman", even on air, we would all nod sagely in agreement and forgot about it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
beorhthelm said:
i just wish the racism thing could just move on from stupid language issues. If he had said "lazy f***ing Frechman"

What's a Frechman ?

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
driving bavck from the north today i listened to 3 hours devoted to this debate.

my conclusion is that he is not a racist but it was a racist comment. Silly, and he'll have to carry it for a long time. But what about Anne Robinsons comments on Wales? she didnt lose her livelehood.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
No support from me for Big Ron. He is only sorry because people heard him, and his off the cuff 'slip' gives a pointer to his real views.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
mk_bha said:
driving bavck from the north today i listened to 3 hours devoted to this debate.

my conclusion is that he is not a racist but it was a racist comment. Silly, and he'll have to carry it for a long time. But what about Anne Robinsons comments on Wales? she didnt lose her livelehood.

There are degrees in everything .... what Anne Robinson said was an attempt at humour but it obviously missed the mark with a lot of people (the Welsh) who were offended.
It is the sort of remark that I could envisage making myself but without any intention to offend. Perhaps in 10 years time this sort of remark will be completely outlawed.
The word n****r has been unnacceptable in most walks of society for a long time now - it is not a word that is used in a humourous vein these days, or for a long time - it is only used in a derogatory sense.

Frankly, the ITV should have sacked him for expressing views like that whether it was heard by anyone on air or just by the producer.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Of course our game is rid of all this stuff ?!
Before I heard who he had spoken about ,I thought it was aimed at Makelele !!
I'm no fan of Ron,but he can't take all the blame for our rotten society.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Incredigull said:
I'm no fan of Ron,but he can't take all the blame for our rotten society.

I don't understand this comment.

Of course he can't take all the blame for our rotten society but are you suggesting that he doen't bear any responsibilty or should escape censure for blatnat racist comments - regardless of how many people heard them?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ernest said:
How can Big Ron be a racist ? Even John Barnes and Carlton Palmer say he isn't and if it wasn't for a load of Arabs earwigging nobody would have heard him anyway.
Whatever happened to free speech ?

Sign here to support Big Ron

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Doh! Even Big Ron himself thinks its indefensible that's why he's resigned!

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
He resigned 'cos he knew he would get sacked...

And as for his comments, they were an utter disgrace, whether he thought the mike was on or off. He deserves to lose his jobs for that!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sweetie said:
He resigned 'cos he knew he would get sacked...

And as for his comments, they were an utter disgrace, whether he thought the mike was on or off. He deserves to lose his jobs for that!!

While I do not agree with Ron's comments how many of you would saycertain things down a pub on a friday night you would not like repeated to your grandmother ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here