Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign below if you want Deano to stay and work WITH Adams

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Micky's job will be a lot harder if Deano goes, although I wouldn't blame him if he does - there will surely be a queue of clubs keen to land him.

But I hope he stays - the pair of them could make an awesome team that could spearhead our march to the Championship, Falmer and ... who knows? Be nice to think we have a chance of landing silverware that isn't the Sussex Senior Cup :)

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Great job this season Dean, would be brilliant if you stayed, but will totally understand if you get a better offer elsewhere.

Very surprised by the new appointment

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Something about this whole story is very fishy. We certainly don't know the whole story. Deano always seemed a reluctant number one, perhaps he'll be a much more happy number two. I just hope that that this has been managed correctly behind the scenes. Did Deano only find out last night and if so, why? This could have been thrashed out behind the scenes. A press statement offering solidarity once everything was ironed out would have been far better.

Whatever the situation, it's vital that he stays.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Something about this whole story is very fishy. We certainly don't know the whole story.
You're not wrong - I am willing to bet there are non-footballing reasons for this. Either Wilkins has done something terrible in which case why hasn't he been sacked OR he is guilty of a lesser offence in which case you have to ask whether removing him from his post is a fair way to proceed.

Football wise, we were on the fringes of the play-off race barely 2 years after cleaning up the mess McGhee eventually left.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I might have this wrong, but aren't the club obliged to pay up the remainder of his contract if he goes? In which case the choice is:

1. Take the Albion money AND get paid from your new employer, work with people who respect you, or:

2. Miss out on the extra cash front, take orders from the guy who deposed you, get shit from players you dropped now back in favour with Adams.

Simplistic, but you get the message?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here