Sign below if you want Deano to stay and work WITH Adams

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is Wilkins's opinion of Dick Knight and the board right now ?
What is Wilkins's attitude towards Micky Adams, who has just breezed in and cheerfully taken his job off him ?

I think Wilkins must be harbouring feelings of DEEP resentment about how this has panned out, and I wouldn't be surpised if he turns round and tells them all to POKE it.

Do I want him to stay on as Micky's number 2 ? That really depends on Wilkins's feelings on it. If Wilkins feels a festering resentment towards his employers and his new partner in the dugout, but takes the job anyway (he's got bills to pay like everyone else, after all) then no, I don't want him to stay on, because thats not the basis for a good working relationship. Sooner or later the cracks would appear, in which case better to have a clean break now.

However, if Dean is prepared to swallow his pride and feels willing and able to put his personal feelings to one side and work with Micky and the club, then yes, I'd love him to stay on.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
...he'll garner even more respect from everyone if he sticks around

Got to disagree with this part specifically Harvs, as much as I agree with you otherwise. To accept what's basically a demotion and meekly stand by to work under your replacement can hardly garner respect. He's been completely undermined. Did you think the same thing of Bryan Robson when he was told to work with Venables at Middlesbrough, to cite a similar example?

I want Wilkins to stay too - half the team are 'his men', he's worked with them for years and has proved his qualities as a coach, but there's not a cat in hell's chance he'll stay, I just can't see it happening.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Definately stay

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the Albion needs someone who is loyal and has your coaching ability especially with the youngsters...............you will always have my respect whatever.

smelly

May 23, 2004
If Dean can find a way to stay having been shat on,he should,could be a great combo.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Please stay Deano!

To be honest if I were in your position, I would probably tell DK to stick the job offer. But you are a quality coach, and I thought you did a great job as manager as well!

If you go, you will be missed.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Stay Dean..........you are part of BHAFC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here