Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Side Full of Loanees?

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
My only worry is that at the end of the season, we'll need to buy atleast 3 Good Player's or Loanees to get where we want to be,
e.g today we had 5 Players that we had on loan :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My only worry is that at the end of the season, we'll need to buy atleast 3 Good Player's or Loanees to get where we want to be,

Mattock, Reyes and Vokes seem likely to be loan to buys, so only half count them as loanees.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
Reyes I'm sure Gus wants to buy like LuaLua having 2 loan spells, while Razak is in many leagues above for a championship Budget

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
lol we won today so the slant for moaners is on loanees... love the angle... on me 'ead son.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Don't see the problem with loan players, Gus has brought them for one reason only to push for the playoffs. looking good for it now. Trust in Gus.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reyes will be ours if we can sort wages, Mattock is 50/50 but depends on WBA staying up, good chance of signing Volkes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without the loanees I suggest we would have lost. I'll worry about next season after the end of this one.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Historically a fair few loanees turn into signings. Seems we get them "on approval" first. Try before you buy and all that

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You've all got it wrong. It will go something like this..

Gus brings in loanees that are good enough to get us up or very close to it.. He then goes to Tony pre season and say's " Iz eazy cee bozz, if you can cazh in zome of you pokker chipz and buy me the lad Razza.. Then I can get uz promotionz no problem.. Eez no compleeeeeecated"!

Tony digs deeper and away we go! If not then Gus goes to Wolves or similar!

Without the loanees I suggest we would have lost. I'll worry about next season after the end of this one.

Why would you? It's not like our budget will suddenly dry up and we'll need to stop building on things.

We're not selling the Falmer Stadium for an 'outlet' park either I don't think. Not 100% sure about the latter though, since a palace supporter or two said our chairman will be off and wanting all his money back :jester:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No doubt that Razak looks to good for us to buy him as an NPC team, but what if we make it through play offs??

Even if we don't he's 19 and he's not going to get in ahead of the current Man City Midfield..... So we should pull out all the stops to get him on a season long loan.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At least the loaness are decent players. Remember some of the no-hopers Micky Adams signed on loan in his second spell?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At least the loaness are decent players. Remember some of the no-hopers Micky Adams signed on loan in his second spell?

Very much this. Gus has only brought in players who will enhance the squad, hence they start. Adams mk. 2 seemed to sign players just to get bodies in.

Reyes, Mattock and Vokes will only not be with us if their price is ridiculous or Gus doesn't think thay can cut it.

As for Assulin and Razak. Our only hope is a loan next year but I think Razak is going to be in and about the City first team for real next year.

He's one of the best loanees I've ever seen in a BHAFC shirt, and that includes Billy Paynter!

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is a sign that we are making progress and should lead to the play offs given a bit of luck that everybody needs. I would not expect promotion though. The squad for next season could look pretty interesting.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

Wasn't that always going to be the case even without taking our current loanees into consideration? I know that Gus has said that he doesn't like the loan market but I think he has realised that ALL the other Championship teams use loans and if we hadn't we would have been left at a severe disadvantage.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we go up we'd he able to buy players of this quality. At least that's the plan.

Rather have loanees that make us playoff contenders than 'all our own' and be shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here