Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Side for Dorchester

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just back from the game. Thought we still had trouble creating openings but Bridcutt, Buckley outstanding and Noone overhead kick was impressive. Think we should sign this Balmy, different class

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just back from the game. Thought we still had trouble creating openings but Bridcutt, Buckley outstanding and Noone overhead kick was impressive. Think we should sign this Balmy, different class

Did Balmy look like a class development player or class enough to throw into the first team? Where does he play?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Strangely I thought we created much more when the kids came on but defensively they were very dodgy. The seniors were just the opposite. Rock solid at the back but a bit toothless up front. Disappointed with Hoskins tonight. Didn't look to me like the man to fire us into Premiership. Still, was only a friendly.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Strangely I thought we created much more when the kids came on but defensively they were very dodgy. The seniors were just the opposite. Rock solid at the back but a bit toothless up front. Disappointed with Hoskins tonight. Didn't look to me like the man to fire us into Premiership. Still, was only a friendly.
Can't disagree but thought first half we had 2 good wingers and a lone isolated centre forward. 2nd half there was some very good interplay with Hoskins when Noone and Buckley came more central and Hoskins dropped a bit deeper. I thought the youngsters played like the 1st team but with a lot more pace and movement but suspect Dorchester were getting a bit tired. The kid playing in the Bridcut role 2nd half was different gravy and Barker was excellent with his constant running at the defence.

I didn't think Dorchester were too bad and did try and play it on the deck a lot. All in all an entertaining game I thought

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Can't disagree but thought first half we had 2 good wingers and a lone isolated centre forward. 2nd half there was some very good interplay with Hoskins when Noone and Buckley came more central and Hoskins dropped a bit deeper. I thought the youngsters played like the 1st team but with a lot more pace and movement but suspect Dorchester were getting a bit tired. The kid playing in the Bridcut role 2nd half was different gravy and Barker was excellent with his constant running at the defence.

I didn't think Dorchester were too bad and did try and play it on the deck a lot. All in all an entertaining game I thought

Was that Balmy as mentioned above?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whinging? oh do f*** off. Gus will not play any other formation other than a defensive. so why practice with these great formations if he (we know he won't) won't use them.

Utter bollocks. You clearly didn't see ANY of the league winning season. We often started with THREE upfront.

Dec 29, 2011
He played 12 but i thought the guy on the PA said something like Vickers but didn't see any name like that on the team sheet
Thought Vickers got released anyway.
Not sure but guess it must have been as I thought he stood out. Black kid who was quite short but very strongly built and seemed to come out of every tackle with the ball
Sounds like Razak in THAT game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Wing

Omens look good from the reports.

My current thinking mode is that the teamwork of Sky in the Tour de France won it for them but still allowing individual brilliance.

My intuition says Craig Noone still has a vital role to play.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here