Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury Vs Brighton - the OFFICIAL thread

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
perseus said:
Is it shrews or shrows in Salop?

Locals pronounce Shrewsbury as Shrowsbry - but the nickname for Shrewsbury Town FC is the Shrews.

Some locals round here think I'm cockney with my Brightonion accent, but when I tell 'em I'm from somewhere 50 miles SOUTH of London they claim I'm lying cos I don't sound French !! And I'll never claim to be a Salopian - I'm Sussex through and through

* stats humming GOSBTS *

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I want to go and need a lift!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
if i remember rightly there is quite a few pubs very close to the ground. so finding 1 should not be a problem.:drink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Mike C Gull said:
I'm going.

What's the best pub?

A few of us are meeting in the Prince of Wales Hotel in Bynner Street - its a bit of a walk from the ground but the landlord is a footie fan and has assured me a welcome in the stripes.

After home matches, he knocks 50p off a pint for every + goal difference the Shrews win by - so in the very unlikely event that we get turned over 4-nil, you'll get £2 off your pint after (to drown your sorrows)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Shropshire Seagull said:
A few of us are meeting in the Prince of Wales Hotel in Bynner Street - its a bit of a walk from the ground but the landlord is a footie fan and has assured me a welcome in the stripes.

After home matches, he knocks 50p off a pint for every + goal difference the Shrews win by - so in the very unlikely event that we get turned over 4-nil, you'll get £2 off your pint after (to drown your sorrows)

Is the Black Bull still there?

Had so much fun walking past that last time...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill be there - its a haven for pubs:drink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Right, off to the game now.
Got a really good feeling about this.
Been winding some of the Shrews up on their chat-sites up that we're gonna do 'em 2-4 - and one of their's will be an OG with our experimental full-backs and French debut goalie.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
The referee and his assistants?

Who unfortunately is Parkes, the prat we had at Crewe away last year and allowed two goals against us despite the ball going out of play on the second dubious goal. :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
7.05pm. On 95.0 , 95.3, 104.5 or 104.8. I've forgotten the Horsham one. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here