Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury Vs Brighton - the OFFICIAL thread

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oooh, not done an "official" thread before - hope I'm allowed?

Hopefully not too premature, but a week tonight Albion travel to the Gay Meadow (good name for the new Falmer stadium?) to take on the Shrews in the Carling Cup. How much support will we take for this? Will there be more than, say PNE, last year on a mid-week evening 4½+ hours from Brighton?

Is this also a great opportunity for MM to try out different tactics and players - I wouldn't mind betting this will be the game Jakey gets to start - if it goes pear-shaped then no real harm done.

I'll be there and will welcome you all into my adopted county. Shropshire, is the same as Sussex in that there is only one professional football team in the entire county.

BRING IT ON !!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pride Park and Gay Meadow in the same month.
People will start to talk about us.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Are the tickets just pay on gate?? Anyone know how much they are?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure what way McGhee will look at this one. He could use it to give starts to a few of the squad players (Jake, Jarrett, froggy kepper fella), or play the first team and hope for a morale boosting victory by a few clear goals. Seem to recall he went with the later option against Brizzle Rovers last year and we still lost.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kukev31 said:
Crawley aren't professional.

They've just turned professional in the last couple of weeks which is why Danny Marney and John Robinson left.
They both have jobs and couldn't afford to turn professional on the wages offered.

Level 42

Gecko
Aug 14, 2003
Southwick
Yorkie said:
They've just turned professional in the last couple of weeks which is why Danny Marney and John Robinson left.
They both have jobs and couldn't afford to turn professional on the wages offered.

Thanks Yorkie! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here