Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury v Brighton Live at The Savannah !!!

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
I see The Savannah have put a bit more info up on facebook about the shrewsbury game, Good work SAV, keep it up !!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brighton and Hove play Shrewsbury away in the Johnson Paint Cup Trophy. For those who can't make the game, we're showing it in Savannah! FOOTBALL SHIRTS MAY BE WORN ON THIS EVENING!!

We'll be selling Orangeboom, Asahi and Bishops Finger for just £2 a pint from kick-Off until the first goal is scored.

Food will be served until 8.30pm

There'll be a free Brighton and Hove Albion Quiz

We'll also be raising money for the No More Landmines Project by auctioning a signed Albion football shirt and with a raffle with prizes including a football signed by the team.:drink:

not quite correct. The first tie was at the Goldstone, 1st replay at Fellows Park, 2nd replay at Craven Cottage ( 0-0) 3rd replay ( lost 1-2) was at The Hawthorns .

Nobody seems to have disputed this post since, but my memory is that one of the neutral venues was Highfield Road and not the Hawthorns. I had only been following the Albion (and football) for a few months at the time and this is when I learnt the notion that neutral grounds for 2nd and subsequent replays were always part way between the two clubs, but this wouldn't have been the case with the Hawthorns. I have tried looking at the historical records, but these are listed as "neutral ground", although I have the dates of the four FA Cup games in December 1969: 6th GG 1-1, 9th FP 1-1, 15th 0-0, 17th 1-2. You have not stated the competition in which the other match was allegedly played.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hi lads and lasses!!
The rumours are true, The Savannah in Haywards Heath is having an Albion night, Free quiz on The Albion, also a raffle to raise funds for THE NO MORE LAND MINES! which is being supported by Darren Teague (community development manager BHAFC)
Food will be available untill 20.30
Also £2 pound a drink untill first goal is scored
Now thats a real plug !!!
:whisky::drink:
Be great to see loads of Brighton shirts in Haywards Heath &:falmerspi Burgess Hill again like the late70s early 80s remember Chesterfield Scratchwood!!!!!!good old days Roll on Falmer.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Nobody seems to have disputed this post since, but my memory is that one of the neutral venues was Highfield Road and not the Hawthorns. I had only been following the Albion (and football) for a few months at the time and this is when I learnt the notion that neutral grounds for 2nd and subsequent replays were always part way between the two clubs, but this wouldn't have been the case with the Hawthorns. I have tried looking at the historical records, but these are listed as "neutral ground", although I have the dates of the four FA Cup games in December 1969: 6th GG 1-1, 9th FP 1-1, 15th 0-0, 17th 1-2. You have not stated the competition in which the other match was allegedly played.
You may be correct. If you look at earlier posts in this thread you will see that the Albion played Walsall on five different grounds that season, one of those grounds being Highfield Road. I thought that the away League match was played at Highfield Road, but it could have been the 3rd Cup replay at that venue , with the away League match at the Hawthorns. If that is the case then I stand corrected.

The Answers Out There

First Fa Cup Game Against Wasall Goldstone 1-1
Replay Fellows Park 1-1
2nd Replay Craven Cottage 0-0
3rd Relay Highfield Road Lost 2-1
League Game At Fellows Park Was Unfit And Played At The
Hawthorns.
Fourty More Juicy Albion Questions Waiting At Savanna On
16th Dec.covering 70,s 80,s 90,s And Of Course The Naughtys+cheap Beer,good Food,great Company From The Albion Faithful. See You There My Little Blue And White Poppet Soldiers.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I Gather Football Shirts Are Not A Prob For This Event!

Heres A Question For The Albion Quiz'
Season 69/70 How Many Different Grounds Were Used For Games Between Albion [bha] And Walsall?

And Can You Name Them?

A very good question and one which I keep ready to pose whenever I want to show off.

We played Walsall on 5 grounds
The Goldstone in Div 3 (1-1)....and again in the FA Cup
Fellows Park,Walsalls old ground 1-1 again in the replay
Craven Cottage (Fulham) in the 2nd replay, 0-0 I think.
Highfield road (Coventry) in the 3rd replay and we lost 1-2.

And now, the clever one....

The hawthorns (WBA) 3-0 in the league. Walsall, with a long cup run, fixture pile-up and poor weather asked to play there as their own pitch was unfit.

Tokk me so long to type the answer had more or less arrived. Oh well, I can confirm as above!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here